What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Body Harvest HD texture pack WIP

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi guys, I've got some new pics. With Java nearly complete I started on the opening scenes. Check it out!

Note: I have moved over to PJ64 1.7 and Jabo format as I am working with them on the emulation bugs. If you don't have PJ64 1.7 yet...GET IT! Donate and become a member of the beta progress here: http://www.pj64-emu.com/blog/index.html

Pics:
1. Opening with letters done and background Lo-res with #'s for retexturing. 80 textures make up this background!
2. Same screen Hi-res!
3. Start screen with old Lo-res 'earth' with #'s for retexturing.
4. Start screen with new Hi-res moon instead! Do you like the new 'view'?
50ku0y.jpg

1zqq97m.jpg

29ypncj.jpg

2namqro.jpg

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
OMG, at this early in the retexture I can guess it will be between 2000 and 3000 textures. The cool thing is Jabo is working on optimizing DXT texture format for Jabo D3D over PNG and I already converted most of it to DXT1. If you are not familiar with the format...it's great! Google it. ;) It's amazing! For example it makes all 512x512 textures only 128kb (!!!), decreases texture size, pack size and video cache by ~80% over PNG, doesn't have to software compress/decompress, supports MIP maps, and supports AF in an amazing way hugely reducing over sharpness 'static' or 'pixelization' and I can't see ANY decrease in texture quality! PJ64 1.7 and Jabo are going to be amazing! :)

Last edited:

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
welcome to the party, pal.

They had support for DDS textures for almost 2 years now. XD
Guess you wouldn't have known because the ability to donate+be a member has been kaput for soooooo long;.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Luzifer and MasterPhW,

Sorry I ignored you!!! Thank you! I really feed off of your guys support. The more support I get the more I retexture, and vice versa. ;)

Xenobond,

Thanks, I am thrilled to have donated and be a part of the PJ64 1.7 and Jabo D3D beta progress. I did as soon as I found out donations were open again!

Keep the support for my CLOD and BH-HD WIP's coming and maybe I'll finish one someday. ;)
That's all I ask of my friends here. :flowers:

cerebus5

Well I for one appreciate that you always try to retexture games that haven't been done before - i.e. Castlevania, Sin and Punishment, Body Harvest. And you do a thorough job of it. IMO too many great N64 games get overlooked and a small handful get reworked to death.

Tjalian

whoaho... man... talk about muddy graphics.
Even considering that the N64 ran at 320x240, these graphics must have looked HORRIBLE on any SD TV made back then.

God, I hope you seriously improve these graphics... especially the HUD.

Good luck to you.

cheers.

When I played it, I don't remember complaining :p Then again, I never really rated a game's graphics, I just played the game.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi guys,

Got some news for you!

I just began work with the Project64 1.7 Alpha team to get Body Harvest working 100%! ;) :D

I will keep you guys informed on the progress.

For now...watch this video:
AND...go back to page 1 of this thread to see my work on this game so far to renew your excitement for this game! :cheers:

I am excited! :)

Later,
Jay

Rich_T

Hi guys,

Got some news for you!

I just began work with the Project64 1.7 Alpha team to get Body Harvest working 100%! ;) :D

I will keep you guys informed on the progress.

For now...watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJaaYoWPPw

AND...go back to page 1 of this thread to see my work on this game so far to renew your excitement for this game! :cheers:

I am excited! :)

Later,
Jay

Wow, looks incredible gitech, some great shots and info in this thread.

I remember playing Body Harvest on my N64 ages back and being blown away with the huge open environments, hopefully support will continue with this pack!

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi Rich_T,

Thanks! :)

I've tried to wait till I got some new news about the games progress with PJ64 1.7/Jabo, so I have not been ignoring you, kinda... ;)

Work has begun, but no real news to report yet. The PJ64 team has there work cut out for them...

So, in the mean time here is my BH pack v0.2 for PJ64 1.7 and jabo with all the bug testing info and save states so "others" can test (and play) and maybe help with advice on the issues with the game:

Download: Body Harvest v0.2 for Jabo Bug Fix Info and PNG & DDS Texture Packs

Remember this is meant for testing. It has more textures than v0.1 like some of the buildings are done.

Please read through the info that is provided in the read me.

Here is an edited excerpt from the read me that pertains to the PJ64 team and testing specifically:

This pack is a catch all for all the various issues for BH for PJ64 1.7 and Jabo that I have compiled so far. This game is emulated better on 1.7 and Jabo than any other! This is the only combo that lets you cross any bridges or get 'close' to any building. I hope that means 'we' are on the right track and a complete emulation of this great sleeper hit is not to far away.

The 'png' and 'dds/png' texture packs are in their respective "hold '---'"
folder. Only add one ('png' or 'dds/png') "Body Harvest (U)" texture pack to your "textures-load" folder at a time to avoid having duplicate folders/textures... Or, 'zip' the texture packs with their respective 'pack.xml' files to use the 'install texture pack' features. (For me, I saw no performance difference between using the 'install' feature or just using the 'textures-load' folder to load the textures (I think)).

The controller profile "Body Harvest PJ64 1.7 controls-v3.cp" included is my
latest (and best IMO) controller setup. Most like GTA's and friendly for all
actions during game play.

Save state reference and info:

Save state...
- default & 7: For fun and for beginning the 'next time period' if you defeat the boss.
- 1: Graphic bug for rope that the 'sky car' rides on.
- 2: Nice save for checking/testing anything such as png/dds texture handling
behavior and clipping if you run into the 'temple'.
- 8 & 10: Comparison saves for clipping issue...in 8 you can walk 'here'...in
10 you can't walk there. With either you can't walk up the 'ramp' or 'stairs'
of the 'buildings'. Note: I am hoping this will help by giving you two different situations in order to compare what is different between the two. Also, good saves for checking the shadow problem, jump into a vehicle for the shadows to change to 'correct'. (Notes: I think the 'out of vehicle' shadows are textures and 'in vehicle' shadows are FBO's? Also, the textures for 'out of vehicle' shadows dump as they appear in game but inverted, and 'in vehicle' textures dump 'tons' of textures like the 'rain' does)
- 4: 'Bridge' clipping issue. 'Sometimes' you can walk off the bridge
onto the path. Also, Adam should be walking on the 'surface' of the bridge. Keep trying to walk on and off the bridge for different results.
- 6: Same as 'save 4' but different type of bridge.
- 9: Save to show enemy 'laser shots'. Should look like little laser
'bullets'. Same problem with aiming arch's for grenades and such.

Any of the 'Java' save states: The 'rain' does not dump or load correctly.
When dumping, tons (hundreds or thousands depending on how long you leave dumping 'on' and move around) of textures are dumped for the rain. (FYI, Rice dumped them correctly. I have included my hi-res versions in the pack in case they could be of help to you.)

You need:

1. PJ64 1.7
2. The controller save file included in the pack download
3. The save states.
4. The game rom - Body Harvest (U) [!].z64

Notes and tips:

1. Game is stable in PJ64 1.7. If using it with PJ64 1.6 and the game locks
up just press 'F2' twice and it will resume.
2. Save states can be corrupted (in PJ64 1.6). To avoid this press 'F2' twice just before pressing 'F5' to save a save state.
3. Activating the cheat to walk over hills and walls can be very useful! HOLD
the 'L' button and 'press A' through the message. Holding 'L' you can get to
places you normally can't while on foot.
4. I have noticed I get better performance by going to 'Task Manager' and
setting the priority of the emulator to 'above normal'.
5. If using PJ64 1.7 go to 'settings' 'rom settings' and un-'tick' "Fixed
audio timing".
6. Use the "Hand Break" when in ground vehicles!!! Press "A" and "B" at the
same time!!! Trust me!!!
7. Interesting fact...The first vehicle you jump in in Greece is called:
"Nico's Supplies"!!! Sound familiar? GTA IV?

I'll take this opportunity to thank you all in advance for all your help and support!!!

Thank you,
Jay

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
You have to donate to the PJ64 1.7 dev team here: http://www.pj64-emu.com/site-membership/

Then you become a beta member and have access to "everything". All info is in the link.

It's worth it! ;) :)

(...and, From the forum you have the ability to apply to be a part of the new alpha build team and have access to the just released new alpha builds and forum section where my thread is for working on body harvest. But, you can report here too until you get alpha access.)

Thanks man,
Jay

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi Nanokie

Funny, I just started messing with textures in America. What a coincidence! :)

The reason I don't just go full out on a retexture for this game is that it does not work properly in any emulator...yet.

I have done 'all the work I've done so far' on this game to bring interest in the hopes of getting the issues worked out, but so far...no one...has shown an ounce of interest in working on the few issues that remain.

If anyone is willing to take a look at the problems, I can build a custom pack for the emu and gfx plugin that that person or persons want to address the issues with.

How about the new 1964 emu and vid plugin team??? :) I've got to check in on their progress. I haven't in about a week now, but it's been Christmas time and everyone has been busy for sure.

BTW: Merry Christmas everyone!

Later,
Jay

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Has any work been done on emus focused on Body Harvest in all these years? Or do I still have the best custom version for playing through with little issue? I might come back if the stars align in one way or another.

(BTW: hello old friends!)

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Has any work been done on emus focused on Body Harvest in all these years? Or do I still have the best custom version for playing through with little issue? I might come back if the stars align in one way or another.

(BTW: hello old friends!)

I think GlideN64 lle has it working a bit, not sure.

(BTW: Welcome back!)