Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Body Harvest HD texture pack WIP

Hi guys,

With the anticipation of PJ64 1.7 coming out some day I was inspired to do a little work on Body Harvest.

This is the texture pack I always knew I wanted to make. It was my first idea even before Castlevania LOD! Now that CLOD is (almost done) and I have all of that experience I decided to do a little experiment today.

This game is not very stable on any current emulator and has clipping issues but I made it this far!!! (With cheats, I warped to Java)

Of coarse it's very WIP!

Java: 31 textures make up the ground textures you see in these first pics.

Well, check it out and let me know what you think!

Download v0.1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=36DL2X02

The primary purpose of this is to get the issues fixed with the emulation and promote further work on Rice Video.

But, it is also for your enjoyment. "default" save state is a little treat for those who like to get their asses handed to them. Remember to change your weapon.

I have included files and instructions for both PJ64 1.6 and PJ64 1.7. Four save states for each and a controller profile for both.

Please read the Read Me and post your comments and pics here. I can't do all the promoting you know...^_^

Enjoy:

Last edited by gitech; September 29th, 2008 at 00:11.
    Any activity becomes an art when the doer cares about doing it the best he can.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The original game was only let down by the muddy graphics, so a texture pack would be a great way to give it some new life.

Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I knew it from the first picture, without looking at the user name that these great texture are done by you gitech!
    You have a very unique and great style and I'm always looking forward to every texture pack you are doing.
    You should try to start this one with glide from the beginning.
    Totally OT: what happened with HH?
    The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, I always remembered you talking about retexturing this game gitech. Im glad you are making it happen, I hope to see this pack progress. I never played body harvest, but I plan on playing the game when you release your first wip textures.

MasterPhW: HH Domain recently expired and Safari al just renewed it. HH will be back shortly, but until then, here is a temporary link: http://leto.lunarmania.com/~homeb23/...8f327b5d7579cf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You should work on the grass some more. It's waaaay too dark.

Maybe search for pictures that represent these areas and use them as reference for ow to go about making them.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, I will revisit the textures. I still have them all open in PS. It does make for some good lighting effects when things like explosions happen. I will lighten it while retaining the dynamic.

Hey, check out this video made by JimLad800. I hope all this inspires someone to fix the emulation bugs and clipping issues for Body Harvest!

Video:

PS: Can this YouTube video show on this page? How do I make it happen? I got it to work over at HH.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry for ignoring your comments MasterPhW, Datadayne and cerebus5.

Thank you guys!

cerebus5,

Yep, the graphics were low detail. We're going to change that! No one puts 2 and 2 together though that all 'GTA' type games made by DMA/Rockstar have always had 'bad' graphics for the system they were on. Hell, even GTA IV is no Gears of War! It's because DMA/Rockstar games are about content and gameplay. Always have been...always will be. It's crazy no one extends the same consideration to Body Harvest that has always been extended to the "GTA" series.

Xenobond,

I took your advice! Pics coming soon...

I have been continuing work on it and testing with PJ64 1.6, PJ64 1.7 (I donated), Rice 6.1.4, Glide64, and Jabo 1.7.0.56.

The clipping issue still exists in PJ64 1.7. One still cannot cross bridges or enter certain buildings. This has always been an issue with emulating this game. I am hoping to work with the PJ64 1.7 team to get these issues worked out.

I will be posting my retexture progress, issues with various plugins, and interesting info about this great game. I will be rewriting the first post to included pack progress, issue fix progress and "Interesting info".

Here's an example of Interesting info: This game is running on the first version of the same graphics engine used for GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas!

More to come...
    Last edited by gitech; August 25th, 2008 at 20:14.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, here's were I'm at now.

1. Re-did the brightness for the grass for the first 31 textures in the pics above (3 times). Original brightness boost factor was 59. Now, a brightness factor of 111. (This board makes things dark as it is raining, gloomy and foggy until you collect the three artifacts from the Earth, Fire and Water Elemental Temples and take them to the Great Elemental Temple to stop the rain.) Note: I have the fog turned 'off'.

2. I was doing the first 31 textures at 1024x1024. I am still creating the textures at 1024x1024 but am reducing the final size to 512x512. Minimal loss of detail and worth it as there are always so many different textures on screen at once.

3. Ground texture count for Java is now at 93 textures completed. This is the 'biggest skybox ever'. I'd say the ground textures are about 75% complete.

4. I got to the Secret Airport and can now fly anywhere. This is making it easier now, but man was it hard to get there with the clipping issues!

Pics:

1. New grass brightness - Lo-res.
    2. New grass brightness - Hi-res.
    3. Cool lighting effect with new textures.
    4. Putting the Secret Airport together. Talk about a puzzle!
    5. Secret Airport Lo-res.
    6. Secret Airport Hi-res.

Last edited by gitech; August 26th, 2008 at 07:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hrmm.. never actually played this game. Did some looking online because you mentioned this was developed by future Rockstar North. Going to have to try this game out then.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bought this game at one time and played it for a while. The graphics kind of put me off. A reworking of the textures will make a big difference.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast