Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi guys, I've got some new pics. With Java nearly complete I started on the opening scenes. Check it out!

Note: I have moved over to PJ64 1.7 and Jabo format as I am working with them on the emulation bugs. If you don't have PJ64 1.7 yet...GET IT! Donate and become a member of the beta progress here: http://www.pj64-emu.com/blog/index.html

Pics:
    1. Opening with letters done and background Lo-res with #'s for retexturing. 80 textures make up this background!
    2. Same screen Hi-res!
    3. Start screen with old Lo-res 'earth' with #'s for retexturing.
    4. Start screen with new Hi-res moon instead! Do you like the new 'view'?

Any activity becomes an art when the doer cares about doing it the best he can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very nice...

Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More than nice!
    Justin credible!
    The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is going to be an epic piece of work. How big are you expecting the finished pack to be?

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OMG, at this early in the retexture I can guess it will be between 2000 and 3000 textures. The cool thing is Jabo is working on optimizing DXT texture format for Jabo D3D over PNG and I already converted most of it to DXT1. If you are not familiar with the format...it's great! Google it. It's amazing! For example it makes all 512x512 textures only 128kb (!!!), decreases texture size, pack size and video cache by ~80% over PNG, doesn't have to software compress/decompress, supports MIP maps, and supports AF in an amazing way hugely reducing over sharpness 'static' or 'pixelization' and I can't see ANY decrease in texture quality! PJ64 1.7 and Jabo are going to be amazing!
    Last edited by gitech; September 5th, 2008 at 19:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    welcome to the party, pal.

They had support for DDS textures for almost 2 years now. XD
    Guess you wouldn't have known because the ability to donate+be a member has been kaput for soooooo long;.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Luzifer and MasterPhW,

Sorry I ignored you!!! Thank you! I really feed off of your guys support. The more support I get the more I retexture, and vice versa.

Xenobond,

Thanks, I am thrilled to have donated and be a part of the PJ64 1.7 and Jabo D3D beta progress. I did as soon as I found out donations were open again!

Keep the support for my CLOD and BH-HD WIP's coming and maybe I'll finish one someday.
    That's all I ask of my friends here.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I for one appreciate that you always try to retexture games that haven't been done before - i.e. Castlevania, Sin and Punishment, Body Harvest. And you do a thorough job of it. IMO too many great N64 games get overlooked and a small handful get reworked to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocksndirt3 View Post
    whoaho... man... talk about muddy graphics.
    Even considering that the N64 ran at 320x240, these graphics must have looked HORRIBLE on any SD TV made back then.

God, I hope you seriously improve these graphics... especially the HUD.

Good luck to you.

cheers.
    When I played it, I don't remember complaining Then again, I never really rated a game's graphics, I just played the game.

:: You're always in good company when you're with Tjalian ::

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Looks awesome gitech.

Keep up the good work.

Oh yeah do you use photo shop??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast