What's new

NullDC I Need Help(Menus Messed Up) CvS2

DysteR

I know this is the Chankast forum , but I havent found a NullDC in here , so if this post should be deleted please do so and tell me where can I post my questions.

I am now a NullDC user , since chankast doesnt run perfectly on Windows Vista. (after so much work on my part could not find a solution for the sound problem)
I was able to run CvS2 perfectly for one simple thing , the menus are all messed up and I truly dunno what 2 do with this so I am here to ask you a little help , coming from chankast , the solution was pretty easy because most of the readme told you what to do for XY games , and NullDC has a very short non helpfull kind of readme , so I ask of you , what can I do to make the options visible enough for me to play my CvS2 , so far thats the only game I have loaded.
I will try my SF3 3rd Strike , and see if the menus there are messed up also , will post here shorty if it is.
Can someone point me to an option I should select or de-select for the menus to work properly.
I pause the game and its completely impossible to read anything , and since I dont have a amazingly good memory I can remember what all the options were.
If anyone had this problem and solved it , please help another player get this kick ass game going on right tracks.
ThanX For the help in advance .

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The first question would be: what kind of graphics hardware does your system have? IIRC, the reason sound doesn't work properly in Chankast under Vista is because Vista doesn't have DirectSound support (at least in in the same way older Windows' had it)

OP
D

DysteR

I actually have a GForce with 512 on my laptop. I dont think its the graphic card problem , just a plugin or option not marked in NullDC .
Anyone would have CvS2 running with the Pause Menu Screen working right ???
Please help a friend get his favorite game!!!

Agozer

I just tested MvC2. Try changing Paletted Textures to Versioned.

Last edited:
OP
D

DysteR

If anyone there is willing to give a light , please step forward.

What chankast plugin ??? How do I do it ??? Would it be one of chankast dll files ?

OP
D

DysteR

Doesnt work , anyone would tell me how to work NullDC with some of Chankast plug ins ???
This is the best versus game ever released so I am desperate to play it.
Help Help Help

Agozer

Ah, my bad. I think that said menu can't be fixed by changing any of the PowerVR settings. Then again, it's been quite a while since I've last played CvS2.

OP
D

DysteR

Well , I real dont feel like installing a hole copy of Windows XP just to play Chankast.
But I really think that SEGA emulators are really troublesome and take years to fix those errors because they dont get a lot of support (donations) from most people , so they die quickly and years later someone picks it up and works his ass of to fix most bugs , I am not in the mood for waiting years and I am very thankfull for your support mate , but isnt there anyone else that might know something about it ???

That plug in thing that Uve mentioned , what is the file exactly and where should I place it inside NullDC folder ???

Agozer

All the plugins that can be used with nullDC already come with the emulator, and can be found in the Plugins foldrer. Change them via Select Plugins.