What's new

Zelda: Majoras Mask BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackat0r

Emutalk Duck
Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask works pretty much great up to a point, considering my pretty lame specs. But when I'm racing the Deku Butler to get the Mask of Spirits from the Deku Shrine (after returning the princess back to the palace) I get the dreaded Blue Screen Of Death.

I can follow the floaty guy around, but as soon as I reach a big open area where I have to jump between platforms, PJ64 gives me a blue screen and XP (in one of the most annoying things EVER written into an OS) won't let me continue, and promptly reboots itself before I can see what the error is.

Which sucks.

I'm using:
Project64 v1.4
Legend of Zelda 2, The - Majora's Mask (E) [!] ROM (verified by GoodN64)
N-Rage's Direct-Input 8 1.61
Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40
Jabo's DirectSound 1.40

Specs are:
Duron 900
128Mb RAM
Windows XP
8Mb SiS 6326 <--- yes, I know its really bad, but it still works (slowly) ;)

Anything I can do to get me past this bit?

demongames

Banned for ROMs
Hmmmm

:pj64: I can't really help you there... you see, I use all the same settings as you do and that part of the game works fine for me. My computer specs are as follows...

Athlon 1.4GHZ
512MB DDR RAM
Windows XP
SoundBlaster Live
Nvidea GeForce2 MX400

Maybe your graphics card is the problem!!! That's all I can think of!
Visit my website, there is a help file for PJ64 on the N64 page... maybe that will contain a solution (If it's a common error!!!) The link is in my signiture.

Last edited:
OP
Quackat0r

Quackat0r

Emutalk Duck
Yeah, I don't have any idea what it was either. But after around twenty blue screen reboots, I finally got the damned thing to work. Now all I gotta deal with are the corrupted save states that MM likes to spit out, and I'll be fine :)

Trotterwatch

In XP if you go to system properties
Advanced>Startup and Recovery Settings
Untick automatically restart on error

That should stop it restarting.

Also if you wish to clarify what the exact error was then type eventvwr in the run dialog and check it out there.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Re: Hmmmm

demongames said:
Visit my website, there is a help file for PJ64 on the N64 page... maybe that will contain a solution (If it's a common error!!!) The link is in my signiture.
Can i ask Why on Earth would someone want to go all the way to your Site To Get a emuluatorhelp zip That is Smiff's GameFAQ that can be found here on Emutalk at The
Resources thread (useful downloads and links)
Plus i really dont like that link In Your Sig.
Not a very Smart Move.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
um, DarkMythril are you being funny? you should put a warning on that. old thread, locked

Status
Not open for further replies.