What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Glide64 can now do texture dumping!!

KoolSmoky

thanks, found it. but now i have another problem.
glide64 loads the hires textures, but he doesn't display them properly. for example:
pilzfo4.png

i have resized the mushroom's head texture four times. but glide now only displays one fourth of the texture (so only the part that is the same size as the original texture).

does anyone know what to do?

edit: i just found out that it displays every texture wrong, even those that are in the exact same size as the original ones.

Make sure "Tile textures" is NOT ticked in the Glide64 "Texture enhacement" settings. Do not use the "best performance" and "best texture quality" buttons. To configure hires textures with Glide64, read;
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6741
http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=409043&postcount=6
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showpost.php?p=79421&postcount=243
The above links are a must read for texture artists.

If you do not need the texture dumping feature, use the official Glide64 'Napalm' public release 1.0.

so, here's a comparison between rice and glide. left (rice) as it should be and right (glide) as it shouldn't be.

riceglidepq7.png

does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

oh and glide seems to be displaying everything less colorful than rice, it isn't a big difference, but since i'm testing the textures (that are meant to be played with glide) with rice, i don't get exactly what i intended. is there a way to change that?

If you are dumping textures with RiceVideo, make sure to always turn ON "Full TMEM emulation" with it. If it is off, there is a potential bug that will cause faulty texture names;
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showpost.php?p=76230&postcount=39

As for the color quality, read the best texture quality guide for Glide64;
http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=409043&postcount=6

one thing about glide that bugs me is that it makes it impossible to use the menus while playing a game.

This is where the Glide64 short cut keys come in handy.

So I was very exited and wanted to start retexturing again. But Glide doesn't load half of my textures? How can I fix that? Or do I have to remake them all?

Aside from the "Full TMEM emulation" bug, which we even tried to emulate BTW, Glide64 is fully compatible with RiceVideo texture format. If you have a problem with a texture, post it to the Glide64 message board (link at bottom) or send it to me.

BTW, you guys really should call the plugin "Glide64". "Glide" is the proprietary 3D API for the 3Dfx Interactive Inc Voodoo cards.

For questions or suggestions regarding Glide64, use the Glide64 message board;
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net

-KoolSmoky

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks man! You're great! You guys are great!

I have had good preliminary results using the info you posted above minus the trouble of trying and getting used to doing things differently.

I am excited for Glide64, your hard work and your continued efforts. I am just starting to "work" with 'it' and so far it's good..if a little cryptic. But, I understand it's still in WIP state. I look forward to the day..... ;)

So, if I have feedback I should post in the Glide64's official message board at emuxhaven and not here? Just making sure.

Thanks again for your time and effort with your posts and work on Glide64!!!

Last edited:

Nelde

thank you, KoolSmoky, but unfortunately it still isn't working. i've read all your links but haven't found the mistake yet.
first i thought i could have done something wrong during resizing, since djipi's celda pack works just fine, but then i dumped a texture with glide64 into the texture_dump folder and copied it without a change into the hires_texture folder. but glide64 keeps showing only a quarter of the texture.
could it be the game's fault? it's rayman 2, and it's the only game that doesn't work.

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Yay... I never had "Full TMEM emulation" activated in Rice... So I guess I have to do all these textures again.

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Hey, MuhMuh, long xtime no see! Are you still working on your pack?
Hi!
I've done a few things, that I haven't shown here, yet. And I wanted to start working on it again. But right now, my enthusiasm is gone because of this Full TMEM Emulation Bug.

Nelde

Sorry if I am a complete dumbass but, Where is the dump textures button?

hehe, i didn't find it too, because there actually is none. you have to tick the texture editing mode and then press "d" in the game to start dumping and "d" again to stop. and with "r" you can reload the textures.

KoolSmoky

So, if I have feedback I should post in the Glide64's official message board at emuxhaven and not here? Just making sure.

I believe it would be reasonable to give feedbacks to the official Glide64 web site. But you can post here if you like. Just need to have your fingers crossed for one of the Glide64 team members to stumble on it...

thank you, KoolSmoky, but unfortunately it still isn't working. i've read all your links but haven't found the mistake yet.
first i thought i could have done something wrong during resizing, since djipi's celda pack works just fine, but then i dumped a texture with glide64 into the texture_dump folder and copied it without a change into the hires_texture folder. but glide64 keeps showing only a quarter of the texture.
could it be the game's fault? it's rayman 2, and it's the only game that doesn't work.

Could you post or send me the problematic textures?

Sorry if I am a complete dumbass but, Where is the dump textures button?

Read; http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showpost.php?p=79421&postcount=243

Hi!
I've done a few things, that I haven't shown here, yet. And I wanted to start working on it again. But right now, my enthusiasm is gone because of this Full TMEM Emulation Bug.

If you send me your texture pack, I can do a quick check to see if the problem is due to the "Full TMEM Emulation" issue or something else.

If you need to email me, please use my address found in the readme.txt of Glide64HQ.

-KoolSmoky

gitech

N64 Artist
AntonJ3000,

You may have to do what I did:

"To get a pure install of 'update 10' I deleted every Glide64(.ini,.dll ect...) from my JP64's root and plugin folder, then copied in just the fresh .ini and .dll's from 'update 10' for a clean install for testing."

AntonJ3000

Swedish EmuTalk Dumbass.
Oh, I downloaded the latest version from the site... Thought the Napalm thing was the one with texture dumping stuff... XD

OP
Legend

Legend

To reiterate again to people maybe joining the thread:

There are currently 2 versions of Glide64. They will be "joined" soon, but until then realize the differences:

Glide HQ - This is a beta for many enhancements like better widescreen support and of course the new texture dumping feature this thread is about. It is however using the 0.8 "Wonder +" plugin which is a few years old now. And it does not "load" hi-res textures as well as the other version here.

Glide64 "Napalm" 1.0 - This is the latest version of the plugin, but does not have tex dumping. Aside from artists, this is what everyone should be using to "play" their games. Games will run better and texture packs will appear more correct - as good as Rice's (or it should at least).

cdgfx84

cdgfx84
does glide64 work on P64 when i try to use them i get a error about not able to locate the glide64 dll but i know its in the plugin dir

cdgfx84

cdgfx84
i did that but it doesnt show the texture options on the third tab i just get the first 2 tabs [config] [on screen info]

EDIT - I think i got it fixes i downloaded the one from emuhaven and it shows texture tab the one i got from there mainsite said wonderplus wasnt working for the textures

EDIT 2 - i got it running on p64 but now some images on wwe no mercy lookscrewed when i use glide im usin the tnavsroh mod works fine with rice but not with glide here is my texture setup if anyone can help it will be appreciated.

au8u47.jpg

Last edited: