Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm using a 3rd party Xbox 360 pad (wired) that registers as "TSZ360 (Controller)" on the plugin screen. I have checkmarked only the first player as connected. I'm using the official Microsoft drivers, not XBCD (as I could never get them to install correctly under Vista-64bit). I'm currently using SVN R 104 (but the following problem has been going on in all the other versions).

Whenever I try to map the L & R buttons to the pressure sensitive ones on the 360 controller [Z-Axis], it doesn't pick it up (rather, I have to use the other two buttons near the top). Is this not supported, or am I doing something wrong here?

I would use the included DolphinKB/X360pad plugin, but that has problems of its own (diagonal on the controller stick = opposite polarity of whatever diagonal direction; but it does pick up the L & R correctly).
    Last edited by Big Robot Bill; July 31st, 2008 at 15:41.

Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Robot Bill View Post
    I would use the included DolphinKB/X360pad plugin, but that has problems of its own (diagonal on the controller stick = opposite polarity of whatever diagonal direction; but it does pick up the L & R correctly).
    Really? I haven't seen this. What game are you trying?

Plugin coder / Betatester Falcon4ever's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    seems like the shoulder buttons of the xbox controller are an axis instead of buttons... gotta think about how to solve that.

anyway, I've added rev 126. It includes basic rumble support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ector View Post
    Really? I haven't seen this. What game are you trying?
    Any game that I'm playing. Luigi's Mansion, Beyond Good and Evil, Mario Sunshine, and Kirby Air Ride are the few that I've played so far. But all suffer the same problem.

Up-Left = Down-Right; Up-Right = Down-Left; Down-Left = Down-Right OR Up-Right (sometimes the latter); Down-Right works fine, though (I used LM [PAL] to do this quick test, but again, all games I play do the same). I don't think it is my controller, as it works perfectly fine with every other program I use it for (N64 emulation, Bioshock). I've calibrated it using Microsoft's official caliberation tool and still nothing.

I hope that helps in figuring this out. I'll be willing to do any tests to get this plugin to work correctly. I'm using a third party Xbox 360 controller labeled as "TSZ360" by my PC; one of those Gamestop branded ones.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to blame the fact that it's a third party pad. Anyways, try completely uninstalling the pad's software/drivers, then plug it in and use windows update. I have an official x360 pad and there are no problems between it and the DolphinKB/X360pad plugin.
    However, one time my friend somehow managed to mess up his official pad by using the calibration tool...and reinstalling via windows update fixed it up.

Also to falc: when not using xinput, the triggers appear as a single axis, being 0x80 when unpressed/both pressed... see. http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-q...ml#post1376304

Voted Least Likely to Succeed p_025's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shuffle2 View Post
    Also to falc: when not using xinput, the triggers appear as a single axis, being 0x80 when both pressed
    Oh, look, yet another reason not to use the fuXBox controllers. I would NOT put up with that.
    Desktop:
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K (12 cores @3.3GHz) | RAM: 16GiB total DDR4 | Video: NVidia GeForce GTX 960 | Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to blame the fact that it's a third party pad. Anyways, try completely uninstalling the pad's software/drivers, then plug it in and use windows update. I have an official x360 pad and there are no problems between it and the DolphinKB/X360pad plugin.
    However, one time my friend somehow managed to mess up his official pad by using the calibration tool...and reinstalling via windows update fixed it up.
    I uninstalled it entirely from the device manager (drivers/software and everything it said it would do) and I replugged it back in. Vista installed the Microsoft drivers and whatnot (like I had been using before), but still the same results. The pad works perfectly fine on all other applications I use it for, it is just Dolphin that it is all screwy (yet the nJoy plugin doesn't have any problems with the control stick).

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_025 View Post
    Oh, look, yet another reason not to use the fuXBox controllers. I would NOT put up with that.
    what? the only thing that's a pain to get working without xinput is the rumble.

Big Robot Bill: did you also use windows update? iirc, it is usable when you plug it in, however there is also a driver that windows update installs too. probably wont change anything, but try nonetheless :p (i've never tried without doing both those steps). otherwise, yes...would seem to be a bug in the x360 pad plugin :/

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When Im using nJoy v0.3 and my Saitek P880 I press the L and R buttons (which are mapped to the L and R buttons on the Gamecube's controller) and it flips out with a rumble error....Why?

Plugin coder / Betatester Falcon4ever's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also to falc: when not using xinput, the triggers appear as a single axis, being 0x80 when unpressed/both pressed... see. http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-q...ml#post1376304
    hmm looks terrible?

0xFF is left, 0x80 is neutral (middle) and 0x00 is right? but thats weird, what if you press both buttons?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast