What's new

nJoy v0.3: Multi-controller support.

OP
Falcon4ever

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
sadly, the same bug as always happens when left Analog is pushed all the way up = does like it's all the way to the bottom.. you should really take reports more seriously falc, I told you about that years ago when you had the 1st version out! :)

(1) Download this file
http://falcon4ever.pcsx2.net/joysticktest.zip

(2) Connect 1 controller only (the rest is ignored)

(3) It will print out the current value of the analog 1 2 3 4
(usually mapped on main x, y, sub x, y)

Give me the min and max values of each row from SDL and emu mode.
To use emu mode, press and hold button 1.

And please state the name of the device.

Example:
Logitech Rumblepad 2
sdl analog row1: -32768 <-> 32767 (left - right)
sdl analog row2: -32768 <-> 32767 (up - down)
sdl analog row3: -32768 <-> 32767 (left - right)
sdl analog row4: -32268 <-> 32767 (up - down)

emu analog row1: -128 <-> 127 (left - right)
emu analog row2: 127 <-> -127 (up - down)
emu analog row3: -128 <-> 127 (left - right)
emu analog row4: 127 <-> -127 (up - down)

ONLY USE THIS TOOL/POST YOUR RESULTS IF YOU'RE SUFFERING FROM THE BUG

sourcecode: http://falcon4ever.pcsx2.net/keyboardtest.cpp
based on: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-em...urce/Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL/Src/nJoy.cpp#255

Last edited:

besson3c

Falcon, which USB adapters are supported in NJoy? I noticed that my N64 Adaptoid was recognized and supported, but of course the mapping is rather messed up and I can't seem to figure out how to get this to work. I'm assuming I'm best off finding a GC adapter anyway for use with a GC controller...

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Falcon, the whole pressing up=down thing was fixed by r60. If people are still having troubles with that sort of thing happening, the problem is their gamepad and not your plugin. I've had the same thing happen with my Adaptoid once, decreasing the sensitivity in the Adaptoid Configurator fixed that.

Knuckles

PS TO USB CONVERTOR

exact same as you, it's been doing it since always and I did get the latest compiled build.

and again, it can't be a controller problem if the problem only happens with this plugin (no other plugin/game/emulator does it)

OP
Falcon4ever

Falcon4ever

Falcon, which USB adapters are supported in NJoy? I noticed that my N64 Adaptoid was recognized and supported, but of course the mapping is rather messed up and I can't seem to figure out how to get this to work. I'm assuming I'm best off finding a GC adapter anyway for use with a GC controller...

I just request SDL a list of joystick devices, so if the adaptoid is recognized as a normal pad in windows, it should work.

Falcon, the whole pressing up=down thing was fixed by r60. If people are still having troubles with that sort of thing happening, the problem is their gamepad and not your plugin. I've had the same thing happen with my Adaptoid once, decreasing the sensitivity in the Adaptoid Configurator fixed that.

Well thats what I thought as well, but Knuckles keeps complaining... Gigaherz fixed that problem ...

PS TO USB CONVERTOR

exact same as you, it's been doing it since always and I did get the latest compiled build.

and again, it can't be a controller problem if the problem only happens with this plugin (no other plugin/game/emulator does it)

Well the emu results looks fine (it doesnt jumps in value or smth right?), because the emu value is EXACT the value I use in nJoy...

* njoy
The range of the controller in dolphin is from 0 to 255 (0xFF)
In neutral (base) it should be 128 (0x80)
In the plugin I only do base += analog value, nothing else...

I even added if statements to prevent higher or lower values.

Last edited:

Knuckles

I was using it but still had the bug, I redownloaded it again and it didn't.. I still blame your plugin! :p

cryozo

How to use SVN, please help =)

Hello, Emu-Talk!
Ehm, well I downloaded TortoiseSVN, and "checkout" the latest version r93, put everything in a folder called Dolphin SVN, but how do I compile it to exe, or so that I can use it? xD Because the whole folder is full of LIB and Sln-files, or something...
Thanks
//Cryozo

Big Robot Bill

I'm using a 3rd party Xbox 360 pad (wired) that registers as "TSZ360 (Controller)" on the plugin screen. I have checkmarked only the first player as connected. I'm using the official Microsoft drivers, not XBCD (as I could never get them to install correctly under Vista-64bit). I'm currently using SVN R 104 (but the following problem has been going on in all the other versions).

Whenever I try to map the L & R buttons to the pressure sensitive ones on the 360 controller [Z-Axis], it doesn't pick it up (rather, I have to use the other two buttons near the top). Is this not supported, or am I doing something wrong here?

I would use the included DolphinKB/X360pad plugin, but that has problems of its own (diagonal on the controller stick = opposite polarity of whatever diagonal direction; but it does pick up the L & R correctly).

Last edited:

ector

Emulator Developer
I would use the included DolphinKB/X360pad plugin, but that has problems of its own (diagonal on the controller stick = opposite polarity of whatever diagonal direction; but it does pick up the L & R correctly).

Really? I haven't seen this. What game are you trying?

OP
Falcon4ever

Falcon4ever

seems like the shoulder buttons of the xbox controller are an axis instead of buttons... gotta think about how to solve that.

anyway, I've added rev 126. It includes basic rumble support.

Big Robot Bill

Really? I haven't seen this. What game are you trying?

Any game that I'm playing. Luigi's Mansion, Beyond Good and Evil, Mario Sunshine, and Kirby Air Ride are the few that I've played so far. But all suffer the same problem.

Up-Left = Down-Right; Up-Right = Down-Left; Down-Left = Down-Right OR Up-Right (sometimes the latter); Down-Right works fine, though (I used LM [PAL] to do this quick test, but again, all games I play do the same). I don't think it is my controller, as it works perfectly fine with every other program I use it for (N64 emulation, Bioshock). I've calibrated it using Microsoft's official caliberation tool and still nothing.

I hope that helps in figuring this out. I'll be willing to do any tests to get this plugin to work correctly. I'm using a third party Xbox 360 controller labeled as "TSZ360" by my PC; one of those Gamestop branded ones.

shuffle2

I'm going to blame the fact that it's a third party pad. Anyways, try completely uninstalling the pad's software/drivers, then plug it in and use windows update. I have an official x360 pad and there are no problems between it and the DolphinKB/X360pad plugin.
However, one time my friend somehow managed to mess up his official pad by using the calibration tool...and reinstalling via windows update fixed it up.

Also to falc: when not using xinput, the triggers appear as a single axis, being 0x80 when unpressed/both pressed... see. http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-...ting/94273-megapad-plugin-10.html#post1376304

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Also to falc: when not using xinput, the triggers appear as a single axis, being 0x80 when both pressed
Oh, look, yet another reason not to use the fuXBox controllers. I would NOT put up with that.

Big Robot Bill

I'm going to blame the fact that it's a third party pad. Anyways, try completely uninstalling the pad's software/drivers, then plug it in and use windows update. I have an official x360 pad and there are no problems between it and the DolphinKB/X360pad plugin.
However, one time my friend somehow managed to mess up his official pad by using the calibration tool...and reinstalling via windows update fixed it up.

I uninstalled it entirely from the device manager (drivers/software and everything it said it would do) and I replugged it back in. Vista installed the Microsoft drivers and whatnot (like I had been using before), but still the same results. The pad works perfectly fine on all other applications I use it for, it is just Dolphin that it is all screwy (yet the nJoy plugin doesn't have any problems with the control stick).

shuffle2

Oh, look, yet another reason not to use the fuXBox controllers. I would NOT put up with that.

what? the only thing that's a pain to get working without xinput is the rumble.

Big Robot Bill: did you also use windows update? iirc, it is usable when you plug it in, however there is also a driver that windows update installs too. probably wont change anything, but try nonetheless :p (i've never tried without doing both those steps). otherwise, yes...would seem to be a bug in the x360 pad plugin :/

riahc3

When Im using nJoy v0.3 and my Saitek P880 I press the L and R buttons (which are mapped to the L and R buttons on the Gamecube's controller) and it flips out with a rumble error....Why?

OP
Falcon4ever

Falcon4ever

Also to falc: when not using xinput, the triggers appear as a single axis, being 0x80 when unpressed/both pressed... see. http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-...ting/94273-megapad-plugin-10.html#post1376304

hmm looks terrible?

0xFF is left, 0x80 is neutral (middle) and 0x00 is right? but thats weird, what if you press both buttons?