What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

lemonciks

You knew what is was or you would not be asking for it.

i didnt know that it was copyrighted i meant it like that!
icon_offtopic.gif

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Jesus people, there is a god! I checked out Xtreme2damax´s latest build, R164. MAJOR speed boost with OGL plugin (Well, maybe not major, but still VERY good). SMS and TP has now VERY playable speed. Although i can´t enter the village in TP...

The improvement in the builds lately is quite extreme. Cudos to the amazing people who has bothered to share their builds with the people.

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
The speed improvements are good, but I don't see any point in trying to play those games until the sound works. I'm seeing people getting far into these games with no sound, but to me it's half the game. I can understand if you're doing it for screenshots, but come on.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I can play SSBM with sound...Music, effects and all. This guy, "John Peterson" added more music support to Dolphin. If you combine his special Dolphin.exe with the HLE audio plugin, you get basically perfect sound in SSBM, and SOME sound in other games as well. Well, music actually. It´s over at the ngemu forums. http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-dis...advanced-discussion-about-dolphin-coding.html

EDIT: With the latest build afaik, R177, Starfox Assault is now...Fully playable. With sound. Music, sound effects, voice...Everything is there. Holy crap.

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

I forgot to mention I have revision 177 up, been a bit busy playing Devil May Cry 4 on PC. :D

Yeah the slowdown issue on Starfox Assault is fixed. Using the OpenGL plugin renders almost perfect graphics from what I've seen in this game.

Also someone over at Ngemu said that Paper Mario now works great in this revision.

I can't wait until the emulator can play Resident Evil Zero, Remake and RE4 flawlessly, until then I'll just play them on my cube. :p

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Really? Paper Mario gives me a hang, a la the telescope bug in WW. I´ll check it out. Btw, TP seems to crash when i´m entering the village, do you have a clue why? I have the US version of it.

EDIT: PM still hangs.

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Really? Paper Mario gives me a hang, a la the telescope bug in WW. I´ll check it out. Btw, TP seems to crash when i´m entering the village, do you have a clue why? I have the US version of it.

EDIT: PM still hangs.

I was only saying what someone else claimed at Ngemu.

Xtreme2damax

Nope, wish I did though. I just compile and upload the new revisions, if I actually knew how to code and more about emulation I'd be contributing to the emulator and fixes for it.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Hmm...There was one of the revisions, where you were able to enter the village...I´ll look into it.

EDIT: In R104 you are able to enter the village. My folder says R94, for some reason...So it´s either R94 or 104.

SUPER DUPER EDIT: In Nightshade ´s latest build, R179, the entering village bug is fixed.

EDIT THAT PWNS ALL EDITS: However...After exiting the emu, and then trying to enter the village again, it crashes. Hmm...Deleted the files, then extracted them from the zip file, and it was working again.

FINAL EDIT, WILL DOUBLE POST IF SOMETHING ELSE COMES TO MIND, I SWEAR TO GOD: If you save after entering the village the first time, then you won´t have to deal with this again...Hopefully..

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

I just uploaded revision 179, I've been falling a bit behind. I just want to test it beforehand to see if there is any significant changes that makes it worth uploading.

Link is in my sig as usual for the new revisions.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Yap, downloaded it probably just before your post. Works great! The builds just keeps getting better.

Xtreme2damax

Don't use revision 180 or 181 if you have an AMD processor. There is a bug with the CPU detection and AMD processors in these revisions.

It give an error stating your CPU doesn't support SSE2 even though it does and closes the emulator. This happens immediately when clicking the exe to launch Dolphin.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Don't use revision 180 or 181 if you have an AMD processor. There is a bug with the CPU detection and AMD processors in these revisions.
Hahaha. Anyway, according to the changelog AMD users should be safe with anything at or above rev 185.

linkenski

the program tells me that my CPU doesnt support SSE2 stuff too. gotta use the old versions then :(

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic

It give an error stating your CPU doesn't support SSE2 even though it does and closes the emulator. This happens immediately when clicking the exe to launch Dolphin.
O RLY? I used those, and i had no problem with it...I have AMD Phenom.

Xtreme2damax

O RLY? I used those, and i had no problem with it...I have AMD Phenom.

I think it's just AMD64's, I just said AMD because I didn't know if it occurred with all AMD processors since I don't have the hardware to test with

This only occurred in revision 180 - 184 and was fixed by revision 185.

sl1nk3

R233 seems to have a good speed improvement, Wind Waker is now too fast on my comp at about 40fps and more :drool:

The OGL plugin have been modified, we can now completly adjust the resolution, it's not a rescale anymore =]
But it seems like these changes have broken something with SSBM, the shadow ground thing introduced with the DX plugin is now in both plugin - Only happens when changing the resolution from standard 640*480 to something else though.

Last edited: