What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

aldebaran

Do you have any antivirus or some other program that inject themselves into every process, consuming address space?

I probably should add a fallback that falls back to slow memory emulation if it cant grab a really big block (having this block enables a little trick that speeds things up).

I use the kaspersky 8.0.0.357 :( ,

spotanjo3

Emu works great on Mario Sunshine, framerate is a little low at times, only worked graphically with the openGL. With DX9 there are the common black errors and funky textures stuff. Luigis Mansion worked out of the box with the openGL but in DX9 theres a black screen when you go in game. With openGL everything appears to be fine however the flashlight and whirl graphic errors are there.

No idea how to fix those or get the DX9 issues fixed.

Unknown on Audio. I didn't have a soundcard working.

Cool thoe. Would be interested to know of Resident Evil Rebirth works.

Can't wait to see what happens with Open Source.

Btw, I have a AMD x86 2.8ghz 5600+, 8800GTS 640MB, 2x WD Raptor Raid 0, Windows XP SP3, and 3GB DDR2800

I had to install the update to get a functional dx9.

The reason you are on x86 (32bit) is that it is slow and x64 is a slightly faster and it is better than 32bit.

Last edited:

Klownicle

Does sound work in luigis mansion or super mario sunshine.

Anyone know how Super Monkey Ball works? Or what about Resident Evil Rebirth. I saw someone posted a screenshot of the menu. Does this meen menu only?

helles

Hi, I watched gc emulation for longer time and I'm glad that this emu makes such a good progress. Congratulations at the team!

I tested the open source today and it is very good.
My quetsion: Does anybody have any sound with the dsp_null plugin?
And, if I compile the code myself, will I be able to use the other sound plugin or is it unusable in general?

helles

It pops up, wehn I start a game, stop it and then start another. So I have to close the prgram between two games, maybe that's it?

NexXxus86

hm well, zelda tp crash when you go to the village to buy the slingshot AFTER you did that goat game.

errormessages are:

We don't handle this size 8 yet in backpatch
and
Reduntant MOV @ 000000000A09037F

using 64bit build, with dynarec,dualcore and throttle enabled.

starfox5194

Gamecube Texture Distributer
super mario sunshine background music works if you set it to mono in the beginning screen of the game

motox

i played super smash bros. but it have no sound and its goingt not to fast its playable but dolphin ins´t using dualcore
i set everything on true but it doesnt work dualcore
my firste cpu ist on 100% and the second on 15%

spotanjo3

hm well, zelda tp crash when you go to the village to buy the slingshot AFTER you did that goat game.

errormessages are:

We don't handle this size 8 yet in backpatch
and
Reduntant MOV @ 000000000A09037F

using 64bit build, with dynarec,dualcore and throttle enabled.

I don't have a problem with Beta 3. I defeated Giant Plant Man Eater as Boss and I am now to the next mission. No problem for me. Yes, I am using 64bit. Yeah, the latest version seems to have a problem. Better off stick with beta 3 for now because I do.

Last edited:

Olly

(Y)
It pops up, wehn I start a game, stop it and then start another. So I have to close the prgram between two games, maybe that's it?
Yeah, I get exactly the same as I have 2GB RAM. We'll just have to close and re-open the program after each game we run.

Oh, and I'm chuffed Harvest Moon:A Wonderful Life works now. And in the 32-bit build at a decent speed as well. Will post screenies later.

Last edited:

lemonciks

Hey! When i started the game everything was good, but then the game just stucks on this moment(does not go further) ->
000022394391_%23_3_%23_lemonciks.jpg

Any ideas whats wrong? (the game is for testing :D )

coolcat12

Super smash bros melee runs with playable speed now! This is great! It has slow fps when they are 3 and 4 characters. I am running on vista x64.

Last edited:

pjc

how to get pokemon colosseum working on dolphin SVN

Hey! When i started the game everything was good, but then the game just stucks on this moment(does not go further) ->
000022394391_%23_3_%23_lemonciks.jpg

Any ideas whats wrong? (the game is for testing :D )

i had the same problem, one solution for now is to download a program called gc-tool and open your pokemon colosseum iso then rename the movie directory to movBA or something like that then click close gc iso and then pokemon colosseum becomes playable altohugh you wont be able to see the intro movie because the game will have skipped it.:bouncy:

j3bus

jebus
Hey guys,i have a question...i try to run Luigis mansion in Dolphin SVN but it only shows a black screen, how did u make it work???... cause i cant...please help...oh and of course great job F|res and ector and all the people working in Dolphin.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
The DirectX plugin has had this problem for quite some time. Previously, it was solved simply by going into the GFX plugin and do...Well, nothing. You just clicked on GFX, and there you go. You did get a strange bloom effect, which could happen in every single game, as far as i know. However, that "option" has now been removed, and it does nothing. BUT it works with the OpenGL plugin, so i would suggest switching to that.