UseDynarec = True
UseDualCore = True
SkipIdle = False
LockThreads = True
DefaultGCM =
DVDRoot =
OptimizeQuantizers = True
SelectedLanguage = 0

I am not able to boot Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess either, when I turn dual core on. I have anIntelCore2Duo e8500 processor.

My screen just turns black, and then there is no more response. The other games I've tried works out.

I tried to copy ur settings into my Dolphin.ini, but no improvement. I have an ATI-card, and I get around 20FPS in TP at 1920x1200 res; up towards 40 when I use lower res.

Any idea why it wont boot?

cerebus5

Really? I haven't managed to get it right yet. I'm going to keep trying then. I seriously need a speed boost in that game.

Hm, it works with dynarec off on dual core but the FPS aren't worth speaking about. What settings are you using to make it work on dual core?

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I just turned off skip idle...Worked for me. I also have the resolution the same as my desktop resolution, if that matters...I didn´t have to turn off dynarec either. I get about 10-12 more fps in DX. It´s strange though, OGL with dual core off used to be effing fast in the intro movie, 35-40 fps, but now i only get about 22-25. I wonder why that is...?

cerebus5

No, I just can't do it. Wonder what I'm doing wrong. It loads up the start screen but it won't go further than that. But at least with idle skipping off it gets as far as the start screen. DX9 gets further than OGL but it won't recognise my save game or load my savestate and it doesn't go past the TV calibration screen. That's pretty frustrating when I hear about someone else getting in game with Dual Core.

*gnashes teeth*

Last edited:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
That works for me too. (twilight princess)

However I get no speed gain ...

Oh well :p I have it for the Wii anyway so I am not complaining. Just posted that for others benefit

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
I'm not sure which of the recent builds is responsible, but music emulation for Pokémon Colosseum is noticibly better. It's not perfect by any means but it's progress.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
SSBM music works fine for me, though the intro gets very badly out of sync. I've also noticed a bug with music tracks that don't loop (like the "You've won a trophy" tracks). Once the track is done playing it starts playing garbage instead.

cerebus5

737 doesn't recognise my save states or my save games. Does anyone know why this is? It seems to be a lot faster and graphics are cleaner, esp on SMS.

Is it possibly because I upgraded to Nvidia driver 178.13?

Xtreme2damax

I think he was referring to the memory card issue in newer revisions which is able to be fixed by hex editing the save file.

It is common for there to be issues with the save state function being that it is still quite new, has bugs and not fully tested. All revisions issue some kind of issue with the save state feature in one way or another.

As far as I know the DX9 plugin is working fine on my compiled revisions since I have been using it for games that don't cope well with the OGL plugin in some situations.

cerebus5

But until R708 the savestates were totally stable, no problems. Now suddenly they're crashing like 50% of the time. Ah well....

Xtreme2damax

Yeah but that might be related to a bug that occurred when they committed a change to the SVN.

Nothing to do with our builds per-say.

I haven't been experiencing any issues with save states as of yet and I have been using revision 730 the past day or two.

I awaiting the next big fix before deciding to upload another build. With so many minor fixes that don't affect much if anything, don't improve performance or playability, it's not worth the effort to compile or upload unless there is something that makes it worthwhile hence is why I haven't uploaded the newer builds yet.