What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
but melee works perfect !! (except the big shadows on the ground, but i wouldnt mind those actually)
melee is compatible in my eyes ^^ and that should be reason enough to go further in emulating for online mode
It works, but uncountable games suffer bigger problems.
And there's a bug with the OGL Plugin and ATI, which needs to be fixed, too.
Dolphin is open source, so if you really want to have netplay, you are allowed to code it yourself.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Yay, In the latest rev that Xtreme2Damax uploaded, you can now stop games and start another in Dolphin in vista without it crashing :D

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I just uploaded revision 545 and revision 546 just was committed lol.
Rev 546 is just a wiki change, so the user should still have the newest improvements.
Do you plan on post every new uploaded revision? I don't think, that's needed, the users could check themselfs. Or you could add a little RS-Feed and add a link to your sig, which updates itself when a new svn is up!

Xtreme2damax

Rev 546 is just a wiki change, so the user should still have the newest improvements.
Do you plan on post every new uploaded revision? I don't think, that's needed, the users could check themselfs. Or you could add a little RS-Feed and add a link to your sig, which updates itself when a new svn is up!

I didn't know it was just a wiki change, guess there isn't a need to upload another revision yet.

Xtreme2damax

Revision 572 is up

I saw that some of the past few revisions contained memory leak fixes, can anyone confirm if it has improved speed at all?

:Edit: I'm pulling revision 572 for now, it appears when you launch it and it tries to load the games list the emulator crashes.

Sorry.

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Try r582. There were apparently some changes to the game list code in r574 and r576. I don't know enough about how this thing was coded to know if it made a difference, but I figure it's worth a shot.

Xtreme2damax

Try r582. There were apparently some changes to the game list code in r574 and r576. I don't know enough about how this thing was coded to know if it made a difference, but I figure it's worth a shot.

Yeah I already compiled revision 582 and it still has the same bug which is why I haven't uploaded another version yet.

I am not skilled enough to find out what is causing this, even though some members seem to think I'm a developer. Well I wish I was, but I only compile the code and upload it for those who don't have the tools or don't know how to compile applications.

I'm referring to a PM I got a couple days ago by the way. :p

Mac-Maxi

ahh for the case you mean me^^

im sry for that than i thought the developers would compile it by themselves but i think i was wrong^^

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
If you ask me, it seems a bit rash to upload a change to the SVN if you haven't tested it yet. Try something after r591, the comment for that change was "Might Fix the Viewer in Windows".

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Revision 609 is up! It was a Visual Studio 2008 compile issue that was causing problems, compiled with Visual Studio 2005 and everything is working as it should.

Music in SSBM is fixed with this revision according to the commit log. :D

And I usually do test before I upload, I happened to not test the last revision I uploaded beforehand, but quickly pulled it after discovering the issue.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I can confirm Music is great on SSB now and doesn't cut off anymore.

I am also seeing FPS increases in this version. Especially in SSB.

:)

Edit : Music is also way better in Super Mario Sunshine now too :) (unless that issue was just related to my pc :p)

Last edited: