What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Pietschie & Bad Randolphs Super Smash Bros. HD

I know it unfortuneately has happened but don't worry - I guarantee this will be released. We just want to finish it before - especially because there is not so much left to do.

OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

Care to release a pack or upload it somewhere so you don't lose it all(its happened to some people)

Don't worry, on my PC nothing ever gets lost
I have backups on DVD, on a second HDD and an external HDD like I do with all my data :D Not to forget Bad Randolph has the pack, too.

_yo_wasup_

Wow. This is my first post on these forums that I care to emphasize.

I am a huge gamer, and still to this day find the Super Smash 64 the "best" multiplayer game in terms of skill IMHO.

This game was huge when it came out, and is still huge today.

You can mention Super Smash Brothers to anyone, and they have played this N64 version it seems. It is/was one of the most popular games made.

What I'm trying to get across is, this is huge what you guys are doing for the community. I can't believe you aren't asking for money-- being that's what some people do and usually run off with a project and the donated money, but after reading your posts I trust that you won't turn into one of those, and I take your "promise" that you posted in this thread that stated "this project will be completed and released" to heart.

I am sounding quite melodramatic, but this actually IS a huge deal to me. I'm starting up a Super Smash n64 clan at my University here in Minnesota, and have been using the emulator and 4 adapters on my Samsung 32" HDTV for some time now. Every day I have been practicing with guys on my floor in the dormitories, and this game has become an addiction. I let people know about your project, and they practically cummed all over me.

I will be checking the progress of this EVERY DAY from here on, and I hope you can find time to finish it. You are truly going to make every brawl/melee player reconsider coming back to play this game after they see this project's entirety.

This means a lot to us Pietschie and Bad Randolph, and I thank you for putting your time into this.

cerebus5

Well, there are actually quite a few SSB retexture projects already out there if you want to search for them, but I think this will be the definitive one.

_yo_wasup_

I really hate to ask this, but could I have an estimate perhaps on the completion date of this pack?

If you're an asshole, you'll guess the answer in years, if you're nice, you'll answer in months, and if in weeks, you are the fucking king. I know this is hard to ask, you don't have to tell me that it's hard to tell or any of that, just give me the best estimate. According to your progress that you stated, it looked like you were almost complete, but please still give me your best estimate.

OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

Congratulations, Pietschie and Randolph :):):):) and infinite THANKS for your worked time ^^.

Wow. This is my first post on these forums that I care to emphasize.

I am a huge gamer, and still to this day find the Super Smash 64 the "best" multiplayer game in terms of skill IMHO.

This game was huge when it came out, and is still huge today.

You can mention Super Smash Brothers to anyone, and they have played this N64 version it seems. It is/was one of the most popular games made.

What I'm trying to get across is, this is huge what you guys are doing for the community. I can't believe you aren't asking for money-- being that's what some people do and usually run off with a project and the donated money, but after reading your posts I trust that you won't turn into one of those, and I take your "promise" that you posted in this thread that stated "this project will be completed and released" to heart.

I am sounding quite melodramatic, but this actually IS a huge deal to me. I'm starting up a Super Smash n64 clan at my University here in Minnesota, and have been using the emulator and 4 adapters on my Samsung 32" HDTV for some time now. Every day I have been practicing with guys on my floor in the dormitories, and this game has become an addiction. I let people know about your project, and they practically cummed all over me.

I will be checking the progress of this EVERY DAY from here on, and I hope you can find time to finish it. You are truly going to make every brawl/melee player reconsider coming back to play this game after they see this project's entirety.

This means a lot to us Pietschie and Bad Randolph, and I thank you for putting your time into this.

Thanks guys for your kind words. I love to hear that you like our work :)

I really hate to ask this, but could I have an estimate perhaps on the completion date of this pack?

If you're an asshole, you'll guess the answer in years, if you're nice, you'll answer in months, and if in weeks, you are the fucking king. I know this is hard to ask, you don't have to tell me that it's hard to tell or any of that, just give me the best estimate. According to your progress that you stated, it looked like you were almost complete, but please still give me your best estimate.

If there was constant progress all the time I could guess it easily. But there isn't. Like I mentioned in one of my posts before there was a time we did lots of textures everyday but now both of us are in a very busy phase. It's true that there isn't much left to do for us. We will release it when everything of the multiplayer part we wanted to do is done and we are happy with the result, not earlier. If we had the time all the last bits could be done in a week but I guess it'll take at least one more month. But don't rely on that too much. You'll have to be patient.

You guys just take your time. Rather have it finished perfectly than rushed out.

Thanks for saying that. We think thats the only right way to do this :)

Dream Land 100%
Sector Z 100%
Mushroom Kingdom 100%
Yoshi's Island 100%
Congo Jungle 100%
Planet Zebes 100%
Saffron City 85% (only background left to do)
Hyrule Castle 85% (only background left to do)
Peach's Castle 85% (only background left to do)

OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

whoo cant wait

how long does it take to complete one of the remaining?

Very different. It can take an hour, some more complex backgrounds like the one of Kerbys Dreamland can even take several hours.

you guys are officially my heroes!!! (along with the hi res zelda guys, but I don't even know if thats coming out :(...)

Thank you Anteo. I feel honoured by your comment :)

*yawn* still nothing? mmkay np.

p.s. it's my bday today, was hoping for a bday present, but nope :(

Happy Birthday _yo_wasup_! Sorry, but we're not making an update for every single texture we're doing and the missing backgrounds haven't been done yet, except the one in planet zebes. New Screens are coming soon ;) Will have to get in the game and take some snaps the next days.