What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Pietschie & Bad Randolphs Super Smash Bros. HD

shaoranmps

Manaurys M. suazo
every one of us i hoping to see that but a i bet they got real life and need time to work on it and guy ya are the best this texture pack beats every other

ppmeis

Hello for everyone who loves this threath since has born :bouncy:

As all our know this pack is about 95% or even more of progress...and once again thanks a lot PIETSCHIE AND BAD RANDOLPH for your effort :king: :king: .

You said that backgrounds were painted manually...What is the actual progress of them???? Could you show to emutalk comunity any other pictures of any stage, please????

Thanks again....

Cheers

PpmeiS

Another N00b

This should have been finished for a while now, but lol, it´s still up to them to decide wether they release it or not (which would suck, since they did an incredible job :( ).

Relax guys! This project is not dead!
And of course we will release the project when its done - hopefully soon. But we are just people too. School is back in for me and Pietschie has to work. Backgrounds are complex and to work on one you have to enjoy doing so and take yourself enough time. If you don't you'll mainly produce crap. But I promise that this will be finished.

OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

When we posted this thread Bad Randolph and I had holidays and lots of time to
work on this, thats why we made fast progress during this time. I'm working now
and just like Bad Randolph said, you need to take your time doing textures and I
don't have that much time at the moment. Of course we're both still doing this
retexture with the same enjoyment like when we started it. And furthermore this
pack will be finished, that's for sure. That there can't be consistent progress
all the time should be self-evident.

In addition to the first compare website I made a second for highres pictures now
(best viewed on a large screen of course):
http://pietschie1.pi.funpic.de/comparehd.html

The planet zebes in the last pics does not have its new background at the moment.

To return to the aspect ratio problem at 1080p here is a screenshot taken at
1920x1080px fulllscreen mode. Its slightly smaller because I cut off the black edges.
But what you can clearly see is that it gets distorted in width. I never find it
annoying during gameplay but maybe this could be fixed by some video plugin one day?

SMASH-BROTHERS-33.jpg

And last but not least a short video showing the new ground texture in planet zebes.
During gameplay it will look like the metal surface is reflecting the map :)

more stuff is coming ;) stay tuned!

joesbadday

You got some nerve, buddy...What is this douchebaggery? You made that statement after the thread was silent for just 8 days? You sir, are stupid.

It got us some updates, now didn't it? I sir, am smart.

Can't wait to play this, looks great.

OP
Pietschie

Pietschie

well that's just flat out wrong. haha.

Not totally. What indeed is better than in Brawl is the quality of textures. Brawl uses textures with
a much lower resolution. I'm playing Brawl on a full HD tv and I can clearly see the pixels of most textures.
Another fact is that you can play Super Smash Bros. in a much higher resolution than its successor.
Brawl only supports a maximal resolution of 720p which kinda sucks on a full HD. It doesn't look bad
but everything is blury and washed out.
On the other hand Brawl has a much higher amount of polygons of course.
And the N64 Smash doesn't have any particle effects.

death--droid

Yeah anyway the textures look awesome.

Care to release a pack or upload it somewhere so you don't lose it all(its happened to some people)