What's new

Using cheats

bconover

There is a cheat section in the options menu, and a bunch of stuff about "New Rom" and "New Cheat". But, how do I use this? I hear all over the net that you can't cheat in Mupen, so why on earth include this menu, which for purposes appears to be working?

I'm on Linux, btw.:linux: If that's important, I don't know.

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Mupen64Plus does support Gameshark codes. To use it, you must make a new ROM then add the CRC code for it (you can get this by lookin in the console when you boot the game) there should have been an example included. In 1.4 the cheating capabilities will be even easier.

OP
B

bconover

Then what? I created a ROM, entered CRC of game, clicked "New Cheat". What now? Where do I get these values for cheats?

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Then what? I created a ROM, entered CRC of game, clicked "New Cheat". What now? Where do I get these values for cheats?

There is no cheat database so you must look on the internet for gameshark codes.
There was at one point an attempt to get PJ64 1.7 cheats into M64P (With permission) but it's not active.

Bluerose

can someone help me figure out hot to do this?

how do you 'make a new rom' ?
how do you "enter CRC of game"?

im totally new to this

pleasespawnme

Mupen64Plus does support Gameshark codes. To use it, you must make a new ROM then add the CRC code for it (you can get this by lookin in the console when you boot the game) there should have been an example included. In 1.4 the cheating capabilities will be even easier.

i dont have any consoles that opens