Thread: Using cheats

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Using cheats

There is a cheat section in the options menu, and a bunch of stuff about "New Rom" and "New Cheat". But, how do I use this? I hear all over the net that you can't cheat in Mupen, so why on earth include this menu, which for purposes appears to be working?

I'm on Linux, btw. If that's important, I don't know.

Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mupen64Plus does support Gameshark codes. To use it, you must make a new ROM then add the CRC code for it (you can get this by lookin in the console when you boot the game) there should have been an example included. In 1.4 the cheating capabilities will be even easier.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Then what? I created a ROM, entered CRC of game, clicked "New Cheat". What now? Where do I get these values for cheats?

Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bconover View Post
    Then what? I created a ROM, entered CRC of game, clicked "New Cheat". What now? Where do I get these values for cheats?
    There is no cheat database so you must look on the internet for gameshark codes.
    There was at one point an attempt to get PJ64 1.7 cheats into M64P (With permission) but it's not active.

Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No cheats are included, you must look up the values to change. Sometimes there are premade cheats in an external database, othertimes its more freeform and you're given raw hex values / etc. (like here for Paper Mario - http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/n...hacking.shtml).

As far as getting Project 64 1.7 cheat support we need both MD5 cheat support (easy) and Option cheat support (not so easy).

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can someone help me figure out hot to do this?

how do you 'make a new rom' ?
    how do you "enter CRC of game"?

im totally new to this

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by okaygo View Post
    Mupen64Plus does support Gameshark codes. To use it, you must make a new ROM then add the CRC code for it (you can get this by lookin in the console when you boot the game) there should have been an example included. In 1.4 the cheating capabilities will be even easier.
    i dont have any consoles that opens