What's new

Problem with HKT-01 bios (Katana bios)

LucaP.M.

Hi!
I'm LucaP.M. (i cannot write the full nick due to the rules of this forum) and i consider DEmul the best dreamcast emulator on earth why it's eally good!
Horever,i've got 2 bioses of the DC : one is of the regular dreamcast and the other is of the Katana(also know as HKT-01 or Sega Dreamcast DevKit)
The regular one works fine but,when I start DEmul with the Devkit bios says me :

Unable to load bios files.
Bios:Unknown file
Flash:good size

I didn't realize what's the error.It's just a regular bios with a different intro and some other things!It worked great on chanka!(i never use chanka why,on my pc,has seriously screwed audio)
Can someone help me?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
First, it's Chankast.

Second, you should only use regular BIOS files with Dreamcast emulators regardless of what emulator you use. Did you rename the Dev BIOS file to match what Demul expects it to be? Also, does it have the exact same size as the regular BIOS file?

I personally perfer nullDC, a it is leaps and bounds better than Chankast or Demul for that matter.

Last edited:

smcd

The katana is the development system. I imagine not many people have access to such a thing, so testing with the BIOS for it is probably not an option. Supporting the more common retail BIOS seems to be the logical option?

OP
L

LucaP.M.

Yea,the Katana is a development system but i just wonder if that runs on DEmul.If not,i will be happy if the DEmul team will add support for it.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
FYI, the first and seemingly last release of this emulator was over 18 months ago, but I guess one can always dream.