What's new

BMD plugin for 3D studio max. Imports bones, skinning, animations and vertex colors.

OP
C

Coder

Thanks for the fixes. I'm not sure about the vertex alpha but it might be a shader issue. I think BMDView2 is better at exporting levels, you can also check the shaders it exports.

Yep, used BMDView2 earlier. But now i'm using it for previewing models only. It is not imports vertex colors and the textures are strangely named.

Hi, Coder, are you still here? I need your help again.

I'm trying to import a house of Mayor Bou, but an error appears. It says "matIDs: more IDs supplied than faces in mesh"
Here is the model. Click
I'm really don't know what to do. Previously, I just deleted a string, that called error, but i can't find that one anywhere.

R

RedYager

Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm in a real pickle. I've been looking everywhere for BMDview2, but I just cannot seem to find it. Every DL I find is for the extinct MegaUpload. Would anyone be so kind enough to point me to a valid BMDview2 download link? You would be a life saver.

Thanks much,

Red

OP
C

Coder

To stop the crash you could try the following but most of the textures and UV coordinates aren't correct.
Code:
for i=_materialIDS.count to faces.count do
(
	_materialIDS[i] = 0 
)

modelMesh = mesh vertices: vertices faces:faces tverts:tverts  materialIDS:_materialIDS
It would probably take a long time to fix because it might not have been supported in the older version of BMDView that was ported. It should be possible to write a script that transfers the vertex colors from the MaxBMD model to the BMDView2 model.

When importing BMDView2 models I found the follow code useful as it displays all textures in the viewports
Code:
for m in sceneMaterials do 
(
	m.showInViewport = true;
)

Attachments

• BMDview2.exe
    1.7 MB · Views: 301
Last edited:

I have imported that level, but everything are really messed. Do you have an idea why this thing is happening?

Last edited:

I still can't import that level with vertex colors. I tried to use Morphix plugin to make a similar structure for meshes imported with MaxBMD and BMDView, and then copy vertex colors, but Morphix requires to pick each element in both models. There are too many of them! This will take a weeks..
Coder, aren't you have some progress with that problem?

Last edited:

Absol

---------------------------
MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception
-- Runtime error: array index must be positive number, got: -32548
ОК

What's this? (3ds max 2013 x64)

Absol

max 2008 x64:

MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception
MAXScript error - unable to show details
ОК

+

s9.postimage.org/y5m11qrof/zxcg134.png

ezramod

Help me

hello , im new in this forum and i install maxbmd in 3dMax but i have some bmd files with error , bmd files from mu-online, i put here a little link with my bmd files and please if someone can open this bmd post here how do that:
www31.zippyshare.com/v/39293535/file.html