What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

A small request. Not really texture related, but does involve this section.

Terranigma

Hey, if any mods out there see this, I think you guys should sticky the bloom lighting mod and the HighResEraser threads on this forum. They provide really cool hacks and tools that could become even more popular when people know about them and make more use out of these things.

Who else agrees these 2 threads should be stickied? Even though I've been here for a very long time, I really don't know who the mods are.

Datadayne

Bloom lighting mod?

It is important that the HighResEaser thread be sticked. Once people start retexturing games that have such a large amount of grouped textures, the HighResEaser thread will make their lives a bit simpler.

I havent seen the Bloom lighting mod thread, but Im sure its probably important as well.

microdev

Hey, if any mods out there see this, I think you guys should sticky the bloom lighting mod and the HighResEraser threads on this forum. They provide really cool hacks and tools that could become even more popular when people know about them and make more use out of these things.

Well, I hope the tool does everything but erasing highres textures ;)
It's HighResEaser as it should ease the work. Besides that I agree, it might make sense to sticky these...

Even though I've been here for a very long time, I really don't know who the mods are.
The green ones

Last edited:
OP
T

Terranigma

Bloom lighting mod?

It is important that the HighResEaser thread be sticked. Once people start retexturing games that have such a large amount of grouped textures, the HighResEaser thread will make their lives a bit simpler.

I havent seen the Bloom lighting mod thread, but Im sure its probably important as well.

See, this is why I think we should sticky them! Check the link below, Datadayne. You missed a huge break through!!!

http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=43488

Toasty

Sony battery
Technically that's not true cel and bloom shading - in that thread filters are applied to the frame after it's rendered. It's a fair imitation and certainly a commendable effort, but not quite as good as real cel and bloom shading. Orkin was working on cel shading in his plugin a while ago, but he's been awfully quiet lately.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I think it´s been at least a year and a half since he was last seen here. Actually, i just checked. It´s been almost 3 years (!!) since he made his last post. Wow, time flies by, i must say.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I think it´s been at least a year and a half since he was last seen here. Actually, i just checked. It´s been almost 3 years (!!) since he made his last post. Wow, time flies by, i must say.
Yeah, but for example,the ePSXe were quite a long time aswell and they released a new version some days ago. But I would really like to see Orkin coming back to ET to add some live and new ideas to the N64 gfx scene.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Alright, the TextureEaser's been stickied! Now we need to shader thread to be stickied as well.

This thread: http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=43488
We can't sticky all that stuff,it's already enough stickied, but we really need a little bit cleaning in the stickies, because some topics could be merged, updated and cleaned.
Is there any mod, that would be that nice to take that part? I could bear him a helping hand.

OP
T

Terranigma

I think the "How To Use High Res Texture Tutorial" thread could be merged with the other tutorial thread.