What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

HighResEaser - retexture backgrounds in a wink

Nelde

Hi microdev
Thanks for creating this awesome plugin, it's making my life really easier at retexturing backgrounds.
Now I also wanted to use it to retexture some characters from Paper Mario some of which consist of several textures, but your plugin seems to have a problem with files that include transparency. It only uses the parts where there are pixels and ignores the parts where there's nothing.
Do you think you would be able to fix that? That would be really cool as Bowser's giving me a headache at the moment.

Nelde

Right now I'm dealing with this problem by adding color in all the corners of the texture, so the HighResEaser recognizes its actual size, but this means lots of work, adding and afterwards removing the colors...

OP
M

microdev

Right now I'm dealing with this problem by adding color in all the corners of the texture, so the HighResEaser recognizes its actual size, but this means lots of work, adding and afterwards removing the colors...

Funny, as that is exactly the way, I planned to go for fixing this issue. The reason for the problems with transparent textures is a bug in the scripting engine of photoshop. Thus. I wanted to replace one pixel in each corner by a solid one, remember the original one, and set it back to the original pixel afterwards.

But atm, I unfornately have any time for implementing it. As soon as this will change, it will be the first thing, I will do. (If nobody else did it in the meantime, of course)

Luna's Lama

The German Lama
Hey microdev,
as you said I should post my issue with hreser right here.
So, when I try to edit the field for the text size and click on RUN, the edited textures doesn't has any mark.

By the way, your tool is very helpful. Thanks!
EDIT: Oh hey, I forgot to say I'm using Photoshop CS5 extended.

Last edited:

razius

MU-TH-UR
Great tool for skyboxes... I'm waiting for a transparency fix, god knows i had to do all the starfox stuff manually (at least doing stuff manually kept me from throwing my controller at Marauder Shields if i had the spare time to play... "that"... thing again).

Nelde

The download link doesn't seem to work anymore... does anyone have a back up?
I don't have it yet on my new PC.

OP
M

microdev

Creating a skybox should be quite straight forward:

Please view the first post of this thread for detailed step description.
The only difference to normal tiles is that you chose after selecting option 2 "skybox" in the "type" select box.

A skybox is structured like shown in this example provided by Mollymutt:

14y4r6d.jpg

As you can see, it looks like a cross. That's why we need to specify the indent describing the size of the "edges" of this cross. The indent for the sample shown above would be 2 (tiles). (Btw. now that I write about it, I realize that the indent could also be calculated automatically as the result always has to be a box. Something I will improve if I ever touch this tool again.)

Now you also need to specify how many tiles will be contained in the widest row (meaning the horizontal bar of the cross) in the field "tiles per row". This would be 8 in this case. (again this might also be calculated automatically if there will be a future release)

Having specified the indent, you simply list the number of the tiles displayed in the skybox one by one, from left to right and top to down in the field "tile order".

The result for the skybox shown above would look like the following:
2gw75s1.jpg

Finally, I would like to ask everyone if highres-easer is still compatible with the latest Photoshop releases. Please tell me if this is not the case.

cheers,
microdev

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Hello and thanks for the quick reply.

As for Photoshop there are unexplainable bugs with CS5.

Improvements:
Please add these new functions.

1. Select textures # to clear/untexture. This would be done by having the script select textures by name or number and then background erase them.
2. Have script remember texture edit paths. This would cut down search time for folders.
3. Add a drag and drop feature texture path or command line search browser button.

Edit:
4. Add option to allow non-id textures = #0 to be added as texture dimensions = user defined. This will add empty textures wherever #0 is defined within the tile order.
See image below.
?!?!?!? = 4 unused textures 256x128 that are needed but are not data that I had to manually add by using the option defined in lines 484 to 493 in the script.

Attachments

• links house.jpg
    links house.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:

super4mario77

Super4mario77
I have a texture project I've been working on for a long time now. I've been struggling with trying to re-texture the sky, so far I've only had luck with seamless textures. youtube.com/user/super4mario77

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Feature Request:
.BMP file support.

With the release of GameBoy Enhanced comes a new era of retexturing along with some new challenges, I would like to use HighResEaser to process these challenges.

Edit:
I would also like to see a 3D Anaglyph option added.

Last edited: