Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ok. I reinstall Photoshop. (lost it because of harddisk trouble). Afterwards I will try it here and see what could cause these problems. Could you please send me the tiles of the original background and the id list to arrange them?

Please send it to me through PM.

What Photoshop version are you using? Did the export work with the former versions?

thanx.

EDIT: Ok, I reinstalled PS and tested Step 3. Works flawlessly for me. But I discovered another bug. If not all tiles are having the same dimensions (e.g. last tiles on the right or at the bottom), these tiles are not aligned correctly. I fixed this bug but before releasing, I will wait for the feedback of Datadayne, to include a fix for his problem as well, if necesssary...
    Last edited by microdev; May 23rd, 2008 at 23:54.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, I sent you a message with the textures microdev.

Im using photoshop Cs3. And the previous scripts would save but they would not load. With version 3, they dont save.

Do you think it has to do with my version of photoshop? I will try it on my Cs2 if it works or not.
    Contact
    MSN: [email protected]

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I sent you a debug version. Please report at which command the script stops. You will find further details in the PM that I sent to you. Yes, CS3 might be an issue as it seems to have a view bugs (that's what I read in the PS forum). Unfortunately I just have CS2, so you have to jump in as guinea pig for CS3

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ok, I can safely say that Cs3 is the problem in my case. I tried 1.5 on my cs2 and it worked like a charm. I also tried your debug version, and I the last message I received was "Save texture as PNG" followed by "close file", a success.
    Contact

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Datadayne View Post
    ok, I can safely say that Cs3 is the problem in my case. I tried 1.5 on my cs2 and it worked like a charm. I also tried your debug version, and I the last message I received was "Save texture as PNG" followed by "close file", a success.
    I think yes and no. Is it possible that the backgroundlayer has a different name in CS2 and CS3? Or do you have a localized version installed where the backgroundlyer name is translated into the local language? Thanks to your debug report I was able to identify the source of the problem. I identified so far the background layer by it's name. But obviously it can differ. Now I used a different method to identify this layer and I am very positive that the script is now CS3 compatible as well.

Besides that I heavily recommend to use version 1.2 for your work as it supports tiles with different dimensions, which are clearly used for your backgrounds.

Version 1.2 will be uploaded to the first post in 5 minutes.

Please give me a feedback if HighResEaser v1.2 works with PS CS3. I'm very exited about that.

EDIT: Version 1.2 is up and I strongly recommend to use this version as it as well fixes problems with tiling of textures with different sizes (as e.g. the backgrounds of Smash Brothers)
    Last edited by microdev; May 24th, 2008 at 03:09.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    SUCCESS

Version 1.2 is working with Cs3. Everything is working great. I am very happy it is working at last. Something that would normally take several hours, now takes a few minutes.

Thank you for all your hard work microdev, and mode7 for inspiring the idea.
    If there is anything else you need testing, dont hesitate to ask.

Datadayne
    Contact

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Datadayne View Post
    SUCCESS

Version 1.2 is working with Cs3. Everything is working great. I am very happy it is working at last. Something that would normally take several hours, now takes a few minutes.

Thank you for all your hard work microdev, and mode7 for inspiring the idea.
    If there is anything else you need testing, dont hesitate to ask.

Datadayne
    Great! Thanks, I will come back to your offer if needed.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here's a request. I used this for the first time just to number the tiles for an area I'm working on, and it worked as advertised, but I would like to refer back to the original image to use as a reference when I retexture it. What I would like, is the ability to either use this on open files, or to have the number be on a different layer, so the image isn't permanently marked. Thanks for the hard work on this. I wish this was here when I redid all of the skyboxes for SM64.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollymutt View Post
    Here's a request. I used this for the first time just to number the tiles for an area I'm working on, and it worked as advertised, but I would like to refer back to the original image to use as a reference when I retexture it. What I would like, is the ability to either use this on open files, or to have the number be on a different layer, so the image isn't permanently marked. Thanks for the hard work on this. I wish this was here when I redid all of the skyboxes for SM64.
    No problem. You can already do that:

1. Simply select the folder with the unmarked textures after you selected option 2 (arrange textures).
    2. The script will ask you afterwards for the file containing the mapping information (between the ids and textures). This file is generated when you mark your textures and usually called TextureMarks.txt.
    3. It is located in the folder where the marked textures are located. Simply select this file in the marked folder when the script asks you for it.

Afterwards it will load and arrange the unmarked (but as well non-resized textures). For convenience I could add this file as well to the original texture folder in the next version. But than you should delete the mapping files before releasing a pack (as they are unneccesary when the pack is finished).

Btw. I found a stupid little bug in the arrange script. During cleanup I accidently removed a conditional statement. This will affect the tile placement if one tile is smaller than another. I will upload a fixed version as soon as possible.

EDIT: Version 1.2.1 with the fix for the bug described above is uploaded.

Mollymutt: Did my proposal work for you? I tested it at it worked fine for me. Would it make sense to place the mapping information file also in the folder with the original textures for convenience?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I wasn't putting together a background, just need to number some textures for a stage from Smash Bros. I just used the dumped textures to use as a reference. Now, to the latest problem, I'm going to redo the background for the stage I was working on; but the textures are very thin strips and the number is way on the side of the texture. When I load the textures, I can't see the numbers. It would be nice if there was an option to put the number wherever you want on it. Because, in backgrounds like the one I'm doing, you need it to be in the middle, but for skyboxes like in SM64, you need them on the corners.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast