What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

HighResEaser - retexture backgrounds in a wink

Mollymutt

Here it is. Those are the files the way I tried to make them work, But it didn't work right. I tried to do it in three parts.

OP
M

microdev

Ahh. Ok, now I understand. Thanx:)

Edit: could you please send me the original sky textures (the PNG-files) along with the mapping sheet (TextureMarks.txt) as well, please?
It's because I have to test if they align well after the modification. I will then have a look at the code tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
M

microdev

This seems extremely helpful! Just a question, does this also works with menus? For example if I wanted to retexture a menu such as the majoras mask intro menu. Thanks in advance!

Somehow I didn't recognize your post before...:unsure:

Well, basically it should work for any textures. Just give it a try. It won't hurt ;)

steftheserb

hiyas

i was wondering if this works with textures dumped using jabo's direct3d 8.0 1.7

ps. this is my first post and definitly not my last

-steftheserb

OP
M

microdev

hiyas

i was wondering if this works with textures dumped using jabo's direct3d 8.0 1.7

ps. this is my first post and definitly not my last

-steftheserb

I didn't try it yet, but I'm absolutely positiv that it does as it just deals with the textures (so far just PNG format is supported, others can be added if needed). It is independent of any texture naming convention, plugin, etc.

So the answer is yes.

Last edited:

steftheserb

thanks i was just wondering because when you try to load textures in pokemon stadium 2 it just messes up the game and makes it hard to see the menu options so i was gonna start using jabo's plugin 1.7

steftheserb

ok i have remade something but when i open hre and select option 3 and select the folder it come up with "script alert

background split into 0 chunks and saved to....

is that normal as it was made of 2 textures as it was a piece of text made up of 2 textures

please reply

mode7

You have to use option 1, 2 and 3 in that order (well you don't have to use option 2 necessarily) for the script to work. option 1 creates a textfile were the filenames and the corresponding numbers are saved. this file is used in option 3 to put the numbers back to the original filenames. If it wasn't created or if you moved the files, the script won'T work.

steftheserb

its in there but it doesnt work and also i cannot resize anything in ps cs3. ive tried 10+ tutorials but nothing works.

ps. my pack is getting along nicely! im about to test some new textures

OP
M

microdev

You have to use option 1, 2 and 3 in that order (well you don't have to use option 2 necessarily) for the script to work. option 1 creates a textfile were the filenames and the corresponding numbers are saved. this file is used in option 3 to put the numbers back to the original filenames. If it wasn't created or if you moved the files, the script won'T work.
Nearly. If I remember right, the mapping file is just needed for option 2 as it maps the filenames to the texture ids.

Option 3 scans all layers but the last one which has to be on top of the others.
Than it tiles the last layer corresponding to the format of the underlying layers and saves the part cut out of the last layer under the name of the underlying layer.
(I hope my explanation hasn't been too confusing :unsure: )

@steftheserb: I didn't forget you but I hadn't have any time so far to deal with n64 related things besides dropping by in the forum from time to time. I'll contact you concerning the issue as soon as I manage to free up some time.

Last edited:

steftheserb

thnk you your the only one apart from bad randolph who has decided to help me out.progress has also picked up on the pack as i havent been getting as much homework as normal.

ps. i wont bother making it using rice so im using jabo's 1.7 but by the time this pack is more or less finished, pj64 1.7 should be out so dont worry lol

Last edited:

mode7

@microdev: you're right, the layers already have the filenames.
@steftheserb: You could send me your psd and i could take a look at it. Write me a pm and I give you my email adress.

BTW: Is Jabo 1.7 released in public already??

mode7

well I think this is what kman said...when was it? Two years ago?
To be honest I don't think this will be public for a looong time if ever.
But do as you wish.

geohound

i need some help i have the adobe photoshop7.0 and i have HighResEaser_v1.4
butt its say i dont have the right kind of doc