What's new

Save file problems...help?

Eh...?

"..."
Are save files (like using the save function in any game) compatible with other OS's that use that game? I saved my Paper Mario game using the save option in the game, but upon loading it in Windows XP, it acted as if it were a new game; containing no saved files. I also loaded the .ZIP file using PJ64's save, but the game crashed the instant that I tried to save it...

Help? Are save files compatible with other OSes?

Also, I checked my Save folder, and found .FLA files (which I assume is the save file via game save...correct me if I'm wrong) and .eep files...what does the .eep do? I found one from my Mario Tennis one.

ry20

please discard my previous reply, i forgot that there was also a difference of pj64 versions... my bad but i will try that...

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
it doesn't sound logical to me that an OS can affect Saves (neither states or native) my guess is that you chose a different version and/or region code of the game.

.fla is a short for FlashRam and are the Emu's way of emulating the OnCartridge 1.2MB FlashRam chip, in other words it lets you save a game that uses this chip in the same way you would do in the real N64 (AKA Native saves).
the .eep is much the same, only it emulates the OnCart 512Bytes EEPROM (Electronicly eraseable Programmable Read Only Memory) chip.