What's new

Wii mote controle with project64 how to please??

Tunisao

Hello do you have how to use wiimote, for n64 please?

like mario kart 64
super mario 64??
and other please
how to configure plugin please?

FlotsamX

If you are asking simply how to configure plugins, as if that's ALL it takes, just stop right now. It is VERY complicated, and requires you to map out Wiimote movements... Unless they finaly released a plugin. But nonetheless, it would require a bluetooth dongle... do you have that?

X-Fi6

I doubt you even have a Bluetooth dongle which is required for it to work.

Was I right?

OP
T

Tunisao

i have Bluetooth dongle
and i play with wiimote at pc games, like trackmania, but i can use it with project64

Billard

you can use a program called golvepie to map the wiimote buttons and movements to joystick or keyboard and mouse presses

i made a wiimote plugin for pj64 for myself, but it only works for one wiimote right now (rumble works though :))
now that i see someone is interested ill make it work for more than one wiimote and put up a download for it, ill try to get it up tomorrow

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
A simple Google search on Glovepie would give you what you want, you know.

Billard

OK well here is my wiimote plugin
I didn't test it with more than one wiimote, but it should work with four

No configuring controls yet

It should work with nunchuk, classic, and holding wiimote sideways and should switch between modes when you switch expansions,
but sometimes that doesn't work, (not my fault I don't think)
classic controller has dumb trigger controls, ill fix that in the next version and i think the right analog stick left and right for c buttons doesnt work

rumble works
leds light up for player number

link
http://host-a.net/AlternativePlus/Billard_Wiimote_v0.1.zip

put billard_wiimote.dll in plugin directory
and wiiuse.dll in the pj64 directory

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Wii mote controle with project64 how to please??
That's what SHE said.

Anyway, that plugin sounds amazing. I'd try it out if I had a Wii or wiimote... Well, there's a wiki out there about this kind of thing, if you don't want to use that GlovePIE thing. It's at http://www.wiili.org/ and some things on there might work better.

kanpuu

Gamer Junkie
I know this is a really old thread but i just thought i'd say thanks to billard for his great plugin :)

and a question: are you still working on this plugin? i.e. fixing bugs and adding support and whatnot?

crhyl0ve

Just wanted to pop in and beg billiard for a couple of minor updates. This plugin is awesome and could potentially help me finish my latest rig. I just was wondering if we could have a slightly different config, in particular I'd like to map the wiimote D pad to the digital d pad rather than the analog stick so we can play 4 player Dr. Mario. There is no 4 player Dr. Mario on Wii, and we loves us some 4 player around here. Thanks in advance.

crhyl0ve

Tried that. There is no way to actually move the pills or alter the menu selections currently with this plugin. If you have success with this plugin and Dr Mario, please let me know how! The plugin does work well for Mario Kart, however, but that's not altogether useful since Wii Mario Kart is altogether better than N64 Mario Kart anyway. That's the real rub here: The N64 Dr Mario is better than the Wii one, and that is what ultimately would make something like this plugin so useful! If billiard wanted to release the source, I'd be happy to try to put together a config menu or something like that. The Wiimote is a great controller, and I'd like to use it in every emulator: Bsnes, 1964, PCSX2, etc.. I'm sure he could improve this plugin and make it more useable for many emulators games much faster than I could however. He's a code ninja, from what I understand.

kanpuu

Gamer Junkie
he no longer has the source for some reason. i would contact a member who writes plugins and ask them to write one.

crhyl0ve

I wrestled with Glovepie for a while. No real success. Too bad Billiard lost the source! With just a tiny bit of tweaking his plugin would have been perfect!!

Nathan M.

I tried to download but the link was invalid.
Could you post a different, valid link; or email it to me at mecca7520{at}gmail{dot}com