What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Texture Plugin Textures Converter

CrazyChris

I made a Programm which can convert the Texture Files between Jabo's and Rice's Plugin.

Usage:
There are two Tools: Texture Textfile Creator and Texture Converter.
First you have to dump the textures you want to convert in both Plugins.
You have to copy the files from png_by_rgb_a in a Folder and the texture dump from Jabo's PLugin in a other folder.

Now you must Start Texture Textfile Creator.exe. You have to type the name of the folder where Jabo's dumps are. Then you have to type the name of the folder where Rice's dumps are. Now you have to type the Tolerance of the Programm. But I think you can type 0. Now you have to type the name of the textfile. For Example the name of the Game.. My Programm will Create a textfile which look like this

1E0F6C1EAA9BA0521EA10D070007404A.png, SMASH BROTHERS#2F066DEA#0#3_rgb.png

In the Textfile are the name of the files which is the same texture.

The other Programm is to Rename the Textures
First you must download the hires Texture Pack
Then you have to copy it in the same folder where my programms are.
You must start Texture Converter.exe
You have to type the name of the Folder where the hires pack is.
Then you must type the name of the Textfile.
Now You have to type if you want to convert rice to jabo oder jabo to rice.
the Programm will now Copy all the files from the texture pack folder in tho Convertet Folder. If you don't have a Converted Folder my programm will not work.

How it works.
The Textfile Creator.exe only renames the files. The names are saved in the textfile

Texture Textfile Creator.exe
compares every file in the jabo and in the rice folder. if it finds two similar files it will write it to the textfile. It will only compare the files if the files have the same resolution. so hires packs will not work here.

I think it wil take very much time and CPU

The first working version of my Prog was 5 Minutes ago so i think it will have many bugs

And Here you can download it
Download

Last edited:

happykillmore

Ooooo. No worky...

I killed the process after like 5 minutes of hardcore CPU usage and an unnecessary 600MB of the page file.

How does it find the same texture files? Through CRC?

Can you release the source and what was it coded in?

mudlord

Banned
How does it find the same texture files? Through CRC?

Logically it would use a hash algorithm to determine if files are equal or not.

Plus, doing this on hundreds of files is bound to really rape the CPU.

happykillmore

Logically it would use a hash algorithm to determine if files are equal or not.

Plus, doing this on hundreds of files is bound to really rape the CPU.
The processor usage is 100%, no doubt, acceptable and normal. The memory usage is ridiculous. It shouldn't take 5 minutes for 500 files and climbing upwards to a gig in memory.

Sparx

Did you guys actually get this to work? I set my folder up verbatim to the screenshot and after entering all the info into the Texture Textfile Creator, I get a "Memory Access Violation" error and the app closes. I've tried this on both Vista Home Premium (x86) and XP Pro x64 edition. I have 2 Gigs of RAM, a Core 2 Extreme X6800, and I made sure to close all my programs...Am I missing something?

Cyberman

The processor usage is 100%, no doubt, acceptable and normal. The memory usage is ridiculous. It shouldn't take 5 minutes for 500 files and climbing upwards to a gig in memory.
Why do you say that? Depends on how he is doing it really. Image data can be quite large once uncompressed to 32bits for example. Even if there are only a few hundred images it all depends on what he does internally really.

Cyb

smcd

It appears to be written in blitz basic? (not 100% sure) maybe that's why it uses lots of memory and cpu? anyhow nice effort hopefully some people may find it useful :)

azraelfotzbart

Hi there,

can somebody please repost a link for his tool,
or is there a better way to make rice plugin packs compatible with jabos?

Thanks in advance,
mr fotzbart

AymenAZERT

Hi there
Can you please..please..please..please :( upload this tool again in another link
RapidShare not workin :down:
Thanks you