What's new

'Super Mario X' not a Game

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Today Nintendo announced that the 'Super Mario X' title that we reported a few days ago is not a game at all.

Rumours quickly spread the web that a new Mario title was in development after Nintendo sites reported the news that Super Mario X had appeared on Nintendo's official website. There was even a seperate 'Audio/Video' page dedicated to the game, however it was empty.

Today Nintendo announced that the game is not in development. Apparently the page was just a test for something Nintendo webcreators were working on. This would explain why it was empty.

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Nintendo say..
Apparently the page was just a test for something Nintendo webcreators were working on. This would explain why it was empty.

*cough* Yeah right.. *cough*

blizz

We've already got delays, Rare are being consitent and have delayed Star Fox: Dino Planet till the autumn

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
It`s just `Star Fox Adventures` now man - keep up! *sigh* ;)
Actually I`m sure there was something similar years ago when Nintendo were messing around with webpages. Still... it would be yet another chance to have a go at the `reliable IGN news`. Nope, even I`m too tired of doing that now...

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Stalkid64 said:
Still... it would be yet another chance to have a go at the `reliable IGN news`. Nope, even I`m too tired of doing that now...

*ROTFLMFAO* :D

Gorxon

Administrator
Jaz said:
Those are his pants.. don't get confused. ;)

LOL!!!:happy: :happy:

Anyway, yes, it was just for testing purposes....there were loads of pages, like GTA3 for GBA, FF for GBA and GC and many very-wanted-but-yet-only-rumors games...

Ah, well....:!!!: :plain2: :eek: :( ;)

Macca

where have you been? living in a cave, under a rock with your eyes shut and your ahnds over your ears? :p

One of the ff games i think tactics or something is being put on gba now, it was 30% complete lke a month ago. And there are plans for more. this is setting up the scene for square and nintendo to continue to work together

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Some mention was made of a NGC/GBA linkable FF game being worked on...
(And isn`t it odd that I`m the only one who hates FF, but didn`t find the movie as bad as some would have us believe it is?)

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
I mean, hardly the best movie ever, perhaps a tad too much of Aliens ripped off (especially in the extras where there is that `blonde child`... *cough*Newt*cough*) but it was fairly impressive to see all-digital film and sound quality on digital media (which was why I bought it knowing the film was meant to be poor).
If you pause the dvd the old guy (forget name right now) *does* look completely real. Aki was perhaps the least convincingly real for a lead character... but the film keeps you watching so that classes it as entertaining I guess. Heh.

Macca

Stalkid64 said:
And isn`t it odd that I`m the only one who hates FF, but didn`t find the movie as bad as some would have us believe it is?

count me into this 'club' :p i've never liked but i thought the movie was great, i even have it on dvd now :D

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
There is supposivly going to be a FF game made for GCN & GBA that is based off of an old FF movie (anime) called, Final Fantasy... Not The Spirts Within