What's new

Soul Calibur

Josep

eyerun4phun
Can you believe it?! i'm still playing through that game right now, obviously one of THE BEST fighting games ever, on any system:)
Nyone know how many freakn' characters there are to unlock in that game? or any other useful hints?? Kilik is my character in that game, however you spell his name, he's the SH1T!:)

bah soul calibur maay be fun to play, but no matter how good you get a button basher can always beat you, hence MAJOR frustration... the game im waiting for is VF4... VF2 on the saturn was my fav for so long, simply because it scaled up with you SO well... and from what ive read VF4 does this even better... i cant wait to get my hands on a 60hz version of that BEAUTY

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
I rather not play button mashers (they piss me off and deserve to DIE!:devil: ) but VF4 is kinda the same way. i spent countless hours mastering Akira, Pai, and Venessa, but every time a fight my 9 year old Nefue i get my arse handed to me cause all he ever does is mash fuckin buttons with Jackey (little bastard:plain2: ).
the only way to have fun is to play master fighters.
IMHO i think Soul Cali has a little more balance when it comes to fighting button mashers , cause i played them and they dont stand a chance (just reflect their countless attacks, then lay waste to their sorry ass and make fun of them for their lack of skill:sly: ).
its hard doing that in VF4 cause counter attacks take alot of skill, so i recomend you train hard:term:.

see if you can beat my Akira's rank at 6th Dan. (232 wins, 19 looses).

Last edited:

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
Josep said:
Can you believe it?! i'm still playing through that game right now, obviously one of THE BEST fighting games ever, on any system:)
Nyone know how many freakn' characters there are to unlock in that game? or any other useful hints?? Kilik is my character in that game, however you spell his name, he's the SH1T!:)
try playing Mission mode for awhile. the points you earn there are used to buy pictures in the game's art gallery.
the art gallery is freekin massive and might take you days to buy every picture... well every other picture you buy unlocks a new feature in the game (new levels to fight in or costume colors).
you can prolly beat most the missions in the game with a resonable amount of skill but last couple gallerys are very hard.

i swear the amount of shit on that game makes me jealous when i play virtua fighter 4,
vf4 just doesent seem to have as much single player fun.

Remote

Re: Re: Soul Calibur

B*A*G*G said:

try playing Mission mode for awhile. the points you earn there are used to buy pictures in the game's art gallery.
the art gallery is freekin massive and might take you days to buy every picture... well every other picture you buy unlocks a new feature in the game (new levels to fight in or costume colors).
you can prolly beat most the missions in the game with a resonable amount of skill but last couple gallerys are very hard.

i swear the amount of shit on that game makes me jealous when i play virtua fighter 4,
vf4 just doesent seem to have as much single player fun.

It won't take a couple of days to beat all missions however some of them can be a pain in the arse. It didn't take long before I had collected all cards, characters and stages. But features like this definetely adds to the re-play value. And you are right about the button mashing, perhaps you won't beat them flawless every time but after a while they become very preditable... The biggest flaw Soul Calibur has is the level of diffulculity, it's to easy...

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
yea, it is VERY easy i have to admit, playing against friends is very fun tho, is vf4 coming out for what? ps2 only? and for my mood and gender, um, i wasn't able to find those features when i tried to change my profile so i just gave up;) maybe i'll try finding where they are;)