What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Mollymutt's 100% finished Super Mario 64 pack

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
I just got this pack and tested it a bit. My impressions:

Good:
The pack keeps looks-and-feel of the original. I like it. Today, when everybody trying to create cel-shaded packs, this traditional style is even more appreciated.
Most of textures look good, some are exceptional.

Bad:
This pack is a vivid example of why you should be careful with extra texture magnification. The pack has a lot of 8x and 16x textures. I already explained, why it is dangerous. Author tried to create very detailed textures. But when such a texture is used for middle and far objects, it looks grainy because texture is much larger than its polygon, and thus it is scaled down, so details on it becomes crumpled. The lower your screen resolution, the higher this bad effect. It looks especially bad in fast motion. I hope, other authors will avoid this mistake in their future work.

Last edited:

okaygo

Mupen64Plus Dev.
mupen64025en6.png

Mupen64Plus on Linux :3

X-Fi6

I've been looking for a pack like this—one that upscales the textures and smoothens them out to make them hi-res. Usually I just see packs that include googled textures and other textures that are so ugly and don't blend in and completely remove the original feel to the game.

There needs to be more packs like this! :D

gitech

N64 Artist
Bump. :bouncy:

Beautiful pack BTW. I love it. I got SM64 and the N64 the day it came out. I saved up for months. This was like playing it all over again for the first time. Thank you!

DaiShuryou

This pack is really awesome. I especially like the fact that you stayed as true as possible to the original textures. It`s just beautiful ^_^

bgn

For some reason, only some of the textures are showing up for me. Other textures, such as the lava in Lethal Lava Land and Fire Sea, are not showing up.

Project 64 1.7
Mudlord's Rice Plugin is currently used. Rice 6.1.0 was the same.

OP
M

Mollymutt

For some reason, only some of the textures are showing up for me. Other textures, such as the lava in Lethal Lava Land and Fire Sea, are not showing up.

Project 64 1.7
Mudlord's Rice Plugin is currently used. Rice 6.1.0 was the same.

Idk what to tell you, it seems that it works fine for everyone else. Why don't you delete the folder, and redownload the pack. You might have had some textures from another pack in the high res folder.
Thanks Terra, it's nice to still get comments about the pack.

bgn

There was no other hi-res pack. I already re-downloaded, and tried PJ 1.6, and nothing made a difference.

OP
M

Mollymutt

I don't know what to tell you. Last time I tried, everything worked fine for me. Does anyone else know what he should do?

ctatumt

bgn, I can't really think of anything else either... I mean you could try checking "try to use smaller textures" under current game options but that usually only works with missing textures in Smash Bros. What kind of video card do you have? And do you have up-to-date drivers for it? Sorry I'm not too much help but imma tryin! :)

Mollymutt, this has to be one of the most valuable packs on this site, along with other sites! Being clean and complete puts it right up there with Djipi's celda pack IMO! :)

bgn

PJ64.jpg

As you see here, only some of the textures are showing.

My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce FX 5700LE.