What's new

Help with Mupen recording feature

2pro4show

EmuTalk Member
Ok, so I know the basics about this recording thing with Mupen. I'd really like to record online SSB matches between friends, but the problem is whenever I record, playback, and then capture the gameplay, my button presses seem to be a tad behind, which desynchs the entire sequence. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Start Recording
2. *plays game*
3. Stop Record
4. Start Playback of recording
5. Immediately press Start Capture
6. *playback starts, video being captured*

And then it eventually desynchs, giving me a different result than what actually happened, so it looks like I'm attacking nothing when in fact there was actually an opponent there initially.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
why dont you just use hypercam or camstudio?
Because Mupen has a build in video capturing support, so why use an additional program, if you could use the build in? I always prefer using build in features aswell, but never used Mupens video capturing yet.

spartan

Because Mupen has a build in video capturing support, so why use an additional program, if you could use the build in? I always prefer using build in features aswell, but never used Mupens video capturing yet.

i know but if hes having problems getting the recorder in mupen to work then why not use a separate program.

OP

2pro4show

EmuTalk Member
i know but if hes having problems getting the recorder in mupen to work then why not use a separate program.

Because it's extremely likely it would drop the framerate. The videos I can get with Mupen, while out of sync, are smooth and at full speed. Plus, using one of those programs would be terrible for recording online play because that would drop the framerate even more.

oldy

Ok, so I know the basics about this recording thing with Mupen. I'd really like to record online SSB matches between friends, but the problem is whenever I record, playback, and then capture the gameplay, my button presses seem to be a tad behind, which desynchs the entire sequence. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Start Recording
2. *plays game*
3. Stop Record
4. Start Playback of recording
5. Immediately press Start Capture
6. *playback starts, video being captured*

And then it eventually desynchs, giving me a different result than what actually happened, so it looks like I'm attacking nothing when in fact there was actually an opponent there initially.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

i have read this along time ago -
make sure that you play back the recording exactly as you recorded it -
if you used 4 controllers plugged in they must be the same-
if you modified the accelerations or did any changes to the controllers ,the playback will behave differently-
always make sure the configuration for your control or controllers match the configuration you had when playing -
if you had 4 controllers plugged in when recording , but played back the recording with only one plugged in, even that may affect the recording.