What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

Martin

Administrator
Someone came on IRC asking about this package saying it was corrupt, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to reply since I was offline.

As for the pack being corrupt I've had no problems unpacking it, I've tested it myself. Could someone else try to download it and see if it unpacks fine?

Until then, you can grab a copy here:

http://www.emulation64.fr/?page=download&id=189

Martin

Administrator
We've rechecked the files here with no error. Try to use 7zip to extract it if you're having problems. :)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
yes as Martin has stated use 7-zip and right click on LOD final uploads.zip.001 and extract with what method you want.

Example:

7-Zip/Extract Here

plarseneau

can someone please put a new download link the texture pack cant be extract cause it corrupted please i realy want this pack please i think it the format of the file that wrong

death--droid

Pack has been re-uploaded in a single link for your convenience, file has also been made smaller to 327mb, but it requires winRAR or 7zip to extract

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi everyone,

Long time no see. I'd like to go ever CLOD one more time and re-release it. What do you think?

I would like the help of people who can code the emu/plugin to get a perfectly stable/pre-configured version for release with the final pack. Now that PJ64 is OS, I think that can be done right?

My file is ~880mb right now and will likely be 1.5-2 gigs when it's done, again...

I have an issue already but I just wanted to say hi first. :)

Later,
Jay

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

You should be able to do that just by modifying Glide64.ini (or Project64.rdb in PJ64 2.1) and Project64.cfg.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I can't get it to not crash at ~330mb worth of the textures loaded in 2.1.

I have found that PJ64 1.6 still works well for it though. I guess. It probably needs some work on the plugin as turning on fog in OGL causes triangles to be cut out of the geometry. Dx(9) is not an option as it causes the loss of one of the most important sound channels. Still 'cause it's 1.6 I guess. I like it with fog off anyway.

Also, if limit FPS is set, after a few seconds the audio will begin to pop at regular intervals. So I un-set limit FPS, and set sync game to audio. Though this causes stutter even with Tripple buffering and V-sync forced through NV control panel. (I also have many other things forced through NVCP. I'll post pics.

Hmm, 2.1 can run it and I'm missing something?

I could upload what I have now too. What site should I use? :)

Thanks,
Jay

Edit: I fixed the hi-res pic of Turok on page 20: http://www.emutalk.net/threads/43535-Castlevania-LOD-Hi-res-Texture-Pack-WIP/page20

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Note that I haven't mentioned yet: I'm using the 1964 Video Community Plugin from 11-29-09 in OGL with Fog OFF.

I got it running on PJ64 2.1.0.1

But, this has a problem with v-sync or sync with the audio plugin. Either it screen-tares without vsync, or it stutters (micro-stutter) with vsync set. This is with Jabo sound 1.7.07.

With Shunyuan's audio, it's worse.
And with Zilmars Audio plugin, it's FAR worse.

If I turn off Limit FPS and don't have v-sync forced and don't have Sync Game to Audio set, I get ~2500 FPS... So it's not my PCs' speed. ;)

I repeated these test with several permutations across several emulators to make sure I have a good feel for what's going on.

None of these problems happen with PJ64 1.6, Shunyuan's HLE 1.8.2u1, and with v-sync forced through NVCP. It's just perfectly smooth, both audio and video.

Though, you know what? I just tried it with Jabo 1.7.0.57-ver5 and to me, that is the plugin that really needs to work better as it has DDS/DXT support, widescreen support, D3D transform support, AA and AF support, and v-sync support. This allows me to get CLOD to fill the ENTIRE screen with game GFX, and look and feel smooth... yep, right to the edges of my display, all the way around!

No other GFX plugin has any of these capabilities.

I also tried it on wxMupen64plus today. My first time and all my textures loaded and it ran fine, but the render window is offset toward the bottom left (v<) portion of the screen (fullscreen). (This is similar to what 1964/rice video does with 1.6/1.7 by rendering a window that is only ~85% of the screen area, but at least it centers the render to the middle of the screen.

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
CLOD is 880mb+ now?!

Emutalk is quiet lately huh?

Should I put a nail in this coffin?

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Hello, please don't take offense to the lack of activity, sometimes it gets very quiet around here.

If you would please upload your revised pack to mediafire.

Would you upload a few screenshots of your work?

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I'll make a nice vid. I've always wanted to.. :)

I'll need some time then.

Any advice for capturing with my setup? 4.5ghz i5 4670k, msi z87-g45, 1265mhz msi gtx760.

Is shadow play great? (Just tried it. It's not that great. It washes out color).

Thanks

Last edited:

Ddmlink

Hey gitech,

Glad to see you're back! I would love to see a re-release of your CLOD pack.
I used to have your "As of 12-30-08" pack (on page 30 of this thread), but I lost the flash drive that I backed it up on, which is a shame because I really liked the reworked levels.

As for desktop capturing software, I'm afraid that I'm not too familiar with them either.
I used Fraps a few years ago and seem to remember it being decent, but the free version leaves a watermark and limits recordings to 30 seconds.

I've heard some good things about Bandicam, but never tried it myself.

Good luck, and I'm glad to see you're considering a re-release! :happy: