What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi everyone,

I am new here. I am working on a hires pack for Castlevania LOD. I started working on it on 1/8/08. I have never really used Photoshop or anything like it before seriously so this is my first attempt at my own hi-res pack. Let me know what you think.

If you've never made a pack before, I hope this can be an inspiration to you. Never under estimate yourself if you give yourself enough time to learn. I started off knowing NOTHING! :cheers:

I had only downloaded a few partial SM64 packs (not risio's though his looks great, just haven't yet) and combined them and re-did the little signs in the game in MS Paint (to say I love you to my fiancé who likes SM64) and fixed the butterflies and therefore made a (sort of) complete SM64 pack for myself. Then I decided to hit "dump textures to files" for Castlevania LOD and it's all history from there.

Here are some pics: ....ummm...I get a message "upload errors" "Unable to move/copy file" :(

Anyone have any tips. These Pics upload fine to other sites. Type: .png Size each: about 500k average.

******************************************************************************************************
Downloads:

v1.1: At 98.3% complete it includes 2800+ textures and is a 415MB download:

Download v1.1 here: https://emulationking.com/gitechs-legacy-darkness-retexture/ (Please use WinRAR or 7Zip to extract)

Edits & Notes:

Play the game on normal difficulty setting! Not easy. Trust me. It's a very lonely game on easy without the enemies!

****Corrections for the read me if you do not have the latest pack:

Edit: (Un-check everything except "Fast Texture") should be under outline item "C. Current Game Options Tab:"

(Do not check "Alternative texture size calculation"). Follow the read me.

You also need to select "speed limit" under the emulation tab in 1964.

Also, in the read me it sais you can use "Frame skip" in the video plugin's "General game options" Tab. Ignore that. You should use 1964's "Automatic Frame skip" under the the "Emulation" Tab in 1964 if you need to. It is much better than the plugin's frame skip.

Credits also have to be added to the read me and will be in the next release.

Happy Downloading!!!

To everyone who has downloaded the pack,

Thank you for all your support and have fun!

Please post your experiences with the pack so far or questions if you are having any problems!!! :)

Potential employers can contact me for my resume through my website at GITaHobby.com

Updates:

Updates will be regular now and v1.2 at a greater % of completion will be up very soon. Here are some pics of v1.2 in progress:

Pic #:
1. Konami screen
2. KCEK screen
3. Memory Expansion Pak screen
4. "Game Start" screen
5. "DATA" screen
6&7. NEW Lake Dragon
8. NEW Skeledragon skulls
9. Young "Henry's View" screen

(I have also redone the Guardian Skeledragon Boss, Young Henry, Ada, Cornell's flesh/skin in his second costume and many others)

16gjqxf.jpg

2hp2cd5.jpg

Spoiler:
33elwsg.jpg

2ry65vb.jpg

302c5n9.jpg

fdv81x.jpg

2n9e539.jpg

317fu6v.jpg

qyhj6o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Ok, can a pic be posted directly here?

If not, I guess I would suggest saving them to a new folder on your PC and viewing them with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer or equivalent. My PC is set up to open .png in Photoshop and that's not great... so I would "save"...and right click "open with" to view these.

Last edited:

smcd

"You are not authorized..." blah blah blah - might try tinypic.com for images? Also, forum uploading is not working at the moment so no posting pics directly for now :(

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Ah, Thank you for the info. For now I guess you could check out the thread over at HomebrewHeaven. It is going well and has many pics.

Thanks again! :robot:

PS: is it wrong to post a link to it?

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Pics! Hosted on Tinypic. Thanks man.

mlsb42.jpg

2nja5bc.jpg

2q8zx5l.jpg

Spoiler:
2vtxssi.jpg

28ahwl3.jpg

2i07jes.jpg

35hp6h3.jpg

i53qsx.jpg

2bxwt3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Clements

Looking good. Castlevania seems a good candidate for texture replacement since the original has very low detail textures.

Terranigma

Looks really good! I like how you put the comparisons side by side for those of us who's never played the game before.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks! Here is another pic: Biker Skeletons :devil:

Before: Think puke green blur bike! :puke:

5vr5e0.jpg

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Yeah, I know! Like this bike. Here is a pic of it while I was working on it. It's made of only two textures! One for the bike frame and one for EVERYTHING else. Everything "else" is painted here for piece identification and is just different parts of the SAME texture! I had to go back-and-forth identifying what part of the texture is cut out and where it is used on the bike. It's the first one of it's kind I did in the game, but many textures are like that. Other things to notice about this pic are the tires. In the original texture they are just straight lines that make it look like a stop sign shape. But, the piece it is made of in the main texture is a lop-sided square that warps/stretches UN-eavenly in the game! They didn't care, they used simple lines! That was my first HARD chalange and took me at least 5 hours of work to get just that part to tile right and round evenly.

Check it out:
2d1jqq8.png

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
:party:
Looks really good! I like how you put the comparisons side by side for those of us who's never played the game before.

Dude! Terranigma! That is the best "lost" "sleeperhit" game Enix ever made! I love that game- Make the world, then adventure through it with some twisted twists, great animation, items and graphics! Awesome. That is a game that deserves a comeback or a remake. Let the people know! :party:

Terranigma

:party:

Dude! Terranigma! That is the best "lost" "sleeperhit" game Enix ever made! I love that game- Make the world, then adventure through it with some twisted twists, great animation, items and graphics! Awesome. That is a game that deserves a comeback or a remake. Let the people know! :party:

I'm looking forward to the Virtual Console release. At least I hope it gets a second chance on VC.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
yeah, That would be cool to use the wiimote. That game gas a lot of potential! I wish they would allow the remake of crono-trigger. :borg:

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Here is a pic of my fence for the burning village in the opening scene. I just finnished these textures even though the rest of cornell's quest is done. I knew I didn't have the knowledge the first time around. Check it out:

Note: Actual texture sizes for comparison.
2927a4x.png

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Just photoshop. :naughty:

It is made of 9 layers and 4 inner and outer shadow drops. I cut out each Horizontal and Vertical sections and made each its own layer. Then merged all the Horizontals together, and then the two Verticals together. Now I have the original broken up into two layers so I could drop shadows separately and show depth where they meet. Then apply a texture to them and adjust it. Then shadow each. Then use the eraser to clean up the edges. Then merge visible. Voila! It took about 2 hours to do. Still learning.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Fire! Fire! :fireman:

I just did my first fire and first animation ever. First I googled tutorials for fire in photoshop. Learned how. Then used liquify to make each frame different. It took about 6 hours total and lots of going back and forth to make each frame move into the next smoothly. First animation I have ever done! I wish you could see it moving.

Here it is in the first Ship stage with Cornell in his secret "primal" second costume (that I did just after the fire):

rrl25c.png