What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Very nice! i looked from start till last page!
Impressive!
But i also have some ideas:
http://i27.tinypic.com/i53qsx.jpg

The orange Armor Guy!
Try to redo this with some kind of unpolished copper texture!

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...nt=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&sa=X

im not good at such stuff but i think when u try to apply copper textures to that armor guy ( keepeing the color mood) it would look amazing!

keep up the good work!

Hi everyone,

Shin_Gouki, I got to a point I was ready to take the time to try your suggestion on the copper/fire Armor Knight. It took about 8 tries and I think I am happy with the results.

Djipi,

I could go on forever about my life and how I am poor, but I'm not going to bore everyone. I'm not going to debate if donations are "right" either. I am leaving it up to the individual to decide. My belief that all people deserve to be compensated for their work if they put their time and heart into something if it could help them. The way I am...if a friend asks for one dollar and I have two in my wallet, I will give him both and shake his hand. Probably why I get taken advantage of and am poor, but I feel rich in my heart. I feel good when I go to sleep at night. I am not contradicting you. It's just how I feel. :flowers: :party:

With the posting of this pic I am going to explain how I make a texture as I mentioned in post 69. I use textures from the internet from sites that allow the free use of their textures and photographs that are not copyrighted as a base or to texturize the original textures. Using internet textures and images was suggested and reinforced to me by Datadayne. I hand paint for things like details in the characters or to touch up the original textures to get them ready for blending/texturizing. I do very little hand painting overall. It doesn't fit the style. I mostly use Blending Modes, Blending Options, Image/Adjustments, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Bevel/Emboss, Selection Tools, Refine Edge, Adjustment Layers/Levels/Curves, Filters, Renders, Erasers and other Photoshop magic on the original texture, over textures from the internet kept at a lower Layer. There are very few (~1%) internet textures that have little done to them in my pack. For, photos, I will use the same tools but rarely put them "under" the original textures. It's attention to detail that makes all the difference. Full disclosure and credit will go to the sources of internet textures once the pack is done and a full list is compiled. I would make all my own "texture" textures, but I do not have a program such as Genetica to do that for me. That is something donations could help with.

As an example of some techniques I use here is how I did the (copper)/Fire Armor Knights:

Old version first:
1. Resize the original texture to 512x512
2. Magic Wand on the "white" highlights, ctrl C, ctrl V
3. Open the internet fire texture I want to use, ctrl A, ctrl C, Close
4. Back in the original texture, select main layer, ctrl V,
5. Blending Mode/Screen, Image/Adjustment/Replace Color to make everything I don't want in the internet texture go away
6. Select Layer of the "white" highlights, Opacity Change to dull/blend
7. Resize to 256x256
8. Merge Visible
9. ctrl S, Go back and forth between PS and in game, rinse and repeat Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Photo Filter on both layers until satisfied
10. Repeat the same steps for the other three textures that make up the Armor Knight making sure they match
11. Make final adjustments to all of them over and over till satisfied
12. Done!

New version with Shin_Gouki's "internet copper texture" suggestion:
1. Open one of the above textures
2. Open the "internet copper texture", ctrl A, ctrl C, Close
3. Back to the "above" texture, ctrl V
4. Send Backward with ctrl [
5. Select "above texture" Layer
6. Blending Mode/Darken
7. Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Photo Filter on both layers saving and checking results in game
8. Go back and forth between PS and in game, rinse and repeat Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Photo Filter on both layers until satisfied
9. Repeat the same steps for the other three textures that make up the Armor Knight making sure they match
10. Make final adjustments to all of them over and over till satisfied
11. Done!

Overall total time: ~5-6+ hours

Enjoy:

8xvfcp.png

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
is the sword a texture? if so, I would suggest replacing it, the solid colour doesn't feel right for this project.
I love in depth techniques, and I don't like lengthy ones, so your techniques were great!
Its great to hear that you have a big heart for friends and family, (I don't think everyone here likes heartless drones) though a piggy bank would helps lots with your money problems!your textures are absolutely stunning! and anyone who wouldn't want to hire you as a graphics designer has several screws loose.

mode7

I would make all my own "texture" textures, but I do not have a program such as Genetica to do that for me.

I posted a tool some days ago called Mapzone which seems to be very similar to the tool you just described - it's freeware.

For Phototexture creation nothing goes over imagesynth (PS plugin) but it's quite expensive. It makes it pretty easy to create a tilling texture from a photo.

Edit: Hey I actually have some quite nice realistic textures lying around here, I did for no special purpose - If you like I could contribute

totatola

Insane... I feel G O O D
really great project!! You have my congratulations!!!! i would surelly feel realised if i was capable to do such a wonderfull work as yours :happy:

anyway, I have a advice to give you, the color of the armor is very "strong", i think it would look better a little less saturated :p

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
is the sword a texture? if so, I would suggest replacing it, the solid colour doesn't feel right for this project.
I love in depth techniques, and I don't like lengthy ones, so your techniques were great!
Its great to hear that you have a big heart for friends and family, (I don't think everyone here likes heartless drones) though a piggy bank would helps lots with your money problems!your textures are absolutely stunning! and anyone who wouldn't want to hire you as a graphics designer has several screws loose.

Thank you driscol! I like this side of you. :saint:

The sword is a texture but the way it is used it is not possible to give it real texture. I have tried a 1024x1024 texture on it and it does no good. The texture is super stretched, moves over the blade when the blade is moving, makes the game slow down if a larger texture is used and therefore is simply for coloration. In game when it is moving I have it so it glints/sheens with shades of gray, black and red. Mostly red. I will revisit it.

really great project!! You have my congratulations!!!! i would surelly feel realised if i was capable to do such a wonderfull work as yours :happy:

anyway, I have a advice to give you, the color of the armor is very "strong", i think it would look better a little less saturated :p

Hi totatola, nice to meet you! Thank you!

There is an in game light source that is making them extra bright. The light source is about 5 feet behind Carrie between the Knights as a spot light on the ceiling. You can see the texture in it's darker shade if you look at the (farther) Armor Knight on the right. Look at the crescent on the back of his helmet and the back of his arm holding the spear. I will check him out in other scenes and change him if necessary. Thank you.

I posted a tool some days ago called Mapzone which seems to be very similar to the tool you just described - it's freeware.

For Phototexture creation nothing goes over imagesynth (PS plugin) but it's quite expensive. It makes it pretty easy to create a tilling texture from a photo.

Edit: Hey I actually have some quite nice realistic textures lying around here, I did for no special purpose - If you like I could contribute

I checked out Mapzone. WOW! That is one crazy program for FREE! I have downloaded it and messed around with it a little. Everyone should check it out. GOOGLE IT!!! And check out the gallery! It is a little intimidating at first but with time... ;) I will be using this program to make my own textures! For LOD I am trying to get it done by 4/20. My Birthday! :D So I will be taking a serious look at it for future texture projects! For now I have done this with one of its included textures. After trying to mess with it in Mapzone I decided to export it and opened both layers in photoshop and did my LOD things with it.

What kind of textures do you have? Organic, building, ect... What would you like to help with? The Castle Center is now about 87% done and only one level remains, the tunnel. I have a theme in mind already for the tunnel. I might also redo the beginning stages I did long ago(in January). What I might want help with is some of the misc' characters like the lost children. There are 6 total and are all different. They also slow the ending down if you have all 6 even without retexturing. Anyway, What would you like to do?

This is what I did, Check it out:

The original from Mapzone:
6i4ak8.jpg

My versions that I "could" use in LOD:

smzmnc.jpg

9k154p.png

Last edited:

mode7

the last one looks great - you must be an incredible fast learner. My first steps in mapzone looked much worse.

my textures based on photos, all tilling :

Shin_Gouki

some part of the leg still is low res?!

I dont want to sound demanding but i hope u fix that :D
(it looks odd)

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
Why are those armored knights covered in scales? :S Looks really weird.
The color choices are suspect as well.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Mode7,

Great photo tiles!!! Really clean! Thank you. I will be sure to give you credit. I will look to use them when I redo the earlier stages or other touch-ups. :cyclops:

Shin_Gouki,

The upper leg is only one part of 1 of the 4 textures that make up the Armor Knight. I can find it and try to add more vivid/clean texture in the area but it will always be a little blurry. The texture is stretched quite a bit on that part.

Xenobond,

Hi, how is your pack coming along? Well I hope! Scales...think hammered copper. I tried a few textures on the Fire Knight like another hammered copper texture but they just didn't turn out well. This texture and redo was suggested by Shin_Gouki, so it's a little fan service as well. It looks ok to me. The color, the theme for this one is fire and it really is not that saturated normally in game. There is an in game light source that is lighting up the characters in that shot. Anyway, thank you and I hope to see more of your progress soon. :)

Here is one of the actual textures so you can see the real color:

af8379.png

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi Peasantman,

Thank you and welcome to our community!

The Castle Center is about 97% done (only the top of the elevator left) and I figured it's time for some new pics. I decided to only show one room here to keep the rest a surprise and show how I used Mode7's brick photo texture and my bloody tile Mapzone texture. Check out that shelf! Every item is its own layer and has it's own individual shadow drop to help create the illusion of 3D. Took forever! :cyclops: My eyes are crossed now. :freak:

:devil: The Torture Chamber:

2h30v0m.png

2u9lpgn.png

2l942dj.png

Last edited:

Sirbrownie

Hi Peasantman,

Thank you and welcome to our community!

The Castle Center is about 97% done (only the top of the elevator left) and I figured it's time for some new pics. I decided to only show one room here to keep the rest a surprise and show how I used Mode7's brick photo texture and my bloody tile Mapzone texture. Check out that shelf! Every item is its own layer and has it's own individual shadow drop to help create the illusion of 3D. Took forever! :cyclops: My eyes are crossed now. :freak:

:devil: The Torture Chamber:

2h30v0m.png

2u9lpgn.png

2l942dj.png

My word... This is stunningly beautiful. Nice work dude. Nice... :paperbag:

mode7

Beautiful as always!
Nice you used the brick textures.
Sometimes I when I get enough of drawn textures I do some tiles out of photos so I could provide you with some more of this raw material if you want.

Also: If you are looking for big photos to do textures, check out
www.sxc.hu if you don't know it already.
Huge picture database, high resolution images, free