What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

Cyberman

Well insane or not it is what it is. Duke Nukem Zero Hour is a bit worse than this. I've not really gotten into it much but no matter how you look at things it will take a lot of work.

I've been wanting to do a pack for this particular game but I only have so much time and this wasn't high on the priority list.

So there you have it.

Cyb

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
and then, insane it is. Thank you cyberman!

Are you saying Duke Nukem ZH is worse in that it has a lot of textures or is hard to retexture?

You're right in that anyway you look at it, re-texturing takes a lot of work. It's cool to know others that have thought of doing this game. Your work is great!

If you ever have a need I am here to help. I want to give back to the community because without you guys we wouldn't even have emulators in the first place. :robot:

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
MasterPhW, PsyMan, Elite Knight, Triggerhappy, mode7 and others....

Very cool everyone! I just want you all to know what your encouragement means to me and does for the project. At this point in the project I slow down sometimes and my ambition/inspiration fades a little. When I get posts like yours I get a renewed enthusiasm and I do my best work. So, Thank you all! Your support is greatly appreciated!

MasterPhW,
TY,TY,TY!

I don't think I will do a Castlevania 64 pack. There are a lot of differences, additions and improvements in LOD. It is much more polished in soooo many ways.

Just to name a few: :satisfied

(For educational purposes only) ;)

1. The camera:

is f'ed in C64. You can not change the distance of the camera, you can not freely rotate the camera, if an enemy is on screen "centering" the camera always looks at (locks-on) the enemy instead of "centering" the camera, you cannot center the camera while moving, your character can no longer move while "centering" the camera, "centering the camera is also "lock-on" no matter what camera style you have selected, and again this means your character cannot move while locked on! WTF! The camera drifts around allot!?!?!

In LOD you have 3 zoom levels for each camera style. You can rotate the camera manually. Your character can move unrestricted while camera centering/lock-on. The centering/lock-on button is no longer combined. In action view it is a camera centering button. In battle view it is a enemy lock-on button. The camera does not drift around. I use action view at mid to far zoom 99% of the time. You can choose what enemy you are locked-on to more effectively.

2. Weapons and power-ups:

In C64 Reinhardt has the leather whip in three colors. That's it. Carries energy ball is slow to charge. Picking up a power up has no animation to indicate you are powering up. Throwing weapons can not be powered up at all.

In LOD Reinhardt has the leather whip, chain whip and the energy whip. Carrie's energy ball seems faster to charge and seems more effective. All throwing weapons have 3 levels of power up. Along with growing in power each throwing weapon changes in animation and abilities. The knife grows larger flames around it. The Cross gains a longer "tail" and a homing ability just like Carries homing ball. Holy Water grows in size and volume in that at its highest level it splashes out more than once and covers a huge area. The Axe gains the power of lightning accompanied by a thunderous boom and at its highest level damages enemies in a quite large blast radius. My favorite is the Axe at full power. These power ups are like adding a magic casting element to the game.

3. Levels:

C64 includes a total of 16 levels or so.
1. Forest Of Silence
2. Castle Wall
3. Villa
4. Garden Maze
5. Tunnel
6. Underground Waterway
7. Castle Center
8. Duel Tower
9. Tower Of Science
10. Tower Of Execution
11. Tower Of Sorcery
12. Room Of Clocks
13. Room of Clocks Roof Top
14. Clock Tower
15. Castle Keep
16. True Dracula's Realm

LOD includes all of these in name and style, but are so different that most are no longer the same boards. Many of them are completely different and extended to twice the size or more including a ton of new classic bosses and characters like Medusa, the Spider Queen, Chimera, Harpy and much much more. As a small example, both the Clock Tower and the Tower of Execution are now totally different in layout and path, and are also twice as long with several new rooms, puzzles and secrets.

In addition there are 5 completely new levels:

1. Foggy Lake
2. the Outer Wall
3. the Art Tower
4. the Tower of Ruin
5. Dracula Ultimate's Realm

Even the way you start the game makes more sense in LOD for all the characters. In C64 you start the game just standing in a corner of the forest...and...go! How did you get there? In LOD the Ferry Man delivers you to a hunted ship (with jumping Fish Men) that will take you the rest of the way to the island of Castle Dracula. Upon approaching the shore the ship is attacked by a giant sea serpent who sinks the ship. Must be Castle Dracula's first line of defense. You make it out before you drown and take your revenge on the Sea Serpent for almost killing you. Only then do you arrive at the island of Castle Dracula and the (new) Forest of Silence.

Of coarse there is more in LOD's favor, like much more polish to the game engine code(I get slowdown in C64 for no apparent reason), character animations, Enemy AI, start screen animations and more. The game play seems to have been speed up ever so slightly as well. LOD is also emulated better. Using the 8mb expansion pack it works in PJ64 perfectly except for a missing sound channel(an important one), and in 1964 it runs completely perfectly(other than some pops in the sound, but that has a lot to do with the speed of your PC), and you can speed up the game even more if you want to. I am hoping PJ64 1.7 will run LOD perfectly as well.

But that's enough for now...:crazy:

Triggerhappy,
Welcome! and Thank you!

PsyMan, Elite Knight, mode7 and everyone else, again...THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Triggerhappy

Yeah I like LOD better. I just said C64 because that was the one I happened to be playing at the time, so it seemed appropriate to say it I guess. :ermm:

Any way, both C64 and LOD look almost identical in the garden maze part for the exception some grass, cement and wood textures...maybe more, but it doesn't really matter.

By the way, your welcome for the compliments and I'm anxious to see some new screen shots of what your work will look like in the later levels. \:D/

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Time, patience and talent I guess. I will make a nice big post of how I do a texture sometime soon, and reveal some of my secrets. :1eyealien

PS: There are several posts already that explain some of my techniques. Check them out in the meantime, if you haven't already.

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Yeah I like LOD better. I just said C64 because that was the one I happened to be playing at the time, so it seemed appropriate to say it I guess. :ermm:

Any way, both C64 and LOD look almost identical in the garden maze part for the exception some grass, cement and wood textures...maybe more, but it doesn't really matter.

By the way, your welcome for the compliments and I'm anxious to see some new screen shots of what your work will look like in the later levels. \:D/

:vampire: Here you go. Some older pics of later levels I took my first time through with Cornell:

Enjoy!

27zxn34.jpg

fpcg03.jpg

2u9r24m.jpg

2czstua.jpg

fntnx1.jpg

2wppctv.png

martpov

I´m Gregory from Valencia(Spain)
[Awesome work!!!!!!!!!!!!][Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!]

One of my favourites games ever made !
If is necessary I will pay to you via Paypal this texture pack !
Thank you very much !

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I´m Gregory from Valencia(Spain)
[Awesome work!!!!!!!!!!!!][Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!]

One of my favourites games ever made !
If is necessary I will pay to you via Paypal this texture pack !
Thank you very much !

Hi Martpov! Nice to meet you.

Thank you! This is one of my favorite games too. It's really deep if you play through all the characters and follow the loooong, rich story. I will include some additional reading written by others when I am ready to post the pack.

It is not necessary to pay me for this pack when it's done, but I have setup a donation page on my website. I had 4 main goals since the onset of this project:

1. Learn...there is nothing I like to do more
2. Create...a complete texture pack (for LOD)
3. Show...the world (friends, strangers, potential employers and/or philanthropists)
4. Share...my work with the world. Making a difference in the world is a life long dream. Someday I hope to have that opportunity.

During this time of unemployment I hope to (sort of) create a resume showing my potential. I have done many other creative things in the past, but I feel this is my best chance for success toward reaching my goal. Donations will help me continue my work on texture packs. Enough donations could send me to school to help me fully realize my potential. That, and/or having an employer/philanthropists discover me are my ultimate goals. A diamond in the rough. ;) I have a wonderful fiancé that fully supports me in this endeavor. Someday I am going to write a book about my life. It has been an experience that may encourage others to strive to succeed and live happily within their means.

I will open my site for donations once this pack is done. Potential employers and philanthropists will know how to contact me personally. In the meantime, I will continue to self educate and share my talents with the world.

:cool:

Last edited:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Donate for a texture pack is , for me , not a good thinks , texture is yours , sure , but the game isn't.Plus , i think you use some other internet texture so it's not yours too.

A texture project is a way to prove to yourself your are an artist and have talent and for me it's not a way to gain money for donation to "continue to work on texture pack" .

I agree , your work is good , but please let the time prove your are a great artist or not. ^^

Last edited:

The lost spirit

he did say when the pack was finished to help him make new texture projcts and get him thru university. i think thats quite fine, seeing the exquisite quality on these textures.