Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Zelda CelShade Producer
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    just one thing. Try to redo the texture .I have see that for more texture you just apply a filter. The result is that you have a "wrong" more detail texture but sincerely , i really don't like it.

But the texture you totally redone are good ^^

annoying you for over a year! Driscol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djipi View Post
    just one thing. Try to redo the texture .I have see that for more texture you just apply a filter. The result is that you have a "wrong" more detail texture but sincerely , i really don't like it.

But the texture you totally redone are good ^^
    he worked six hours on that texture, how long have you ever worked on to get it just the way you like? i like it, it looks real enough for a video game, and to just basicly say, it doesent look right i dont like it, is realy mean. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Zelda CelShade Producer
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    just calm down guy.
    Plus , i didn't speak for flame and fire , but speak for texture boat and others who are just filtered .
    what i say will help him to progress.
    Last edited by Djipi; March 7th, 2008 at 11:12.

Vectrex Fanboy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

N64

I agree with Djipi. Your fence texture, for instance, was excellent. I'd like to see more of that, and less of that wooden floor texture on the boat.

You have a ton of potential with this, though!

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's OK. I think it actually looks pretty good considering... ...these "first" boards are the first textures I ever did... ...and that it makes them look old and beat up-which fits the castlevania theme and my theme. I did make sure each "filtered" texture was oriented for light sources, oriented for "grain", and each was colored/brightness/contrast to fit if posible...ie...some compromises where textures repeat all over. The ship, some forest, the castle wall and a very small amount in the villa are about all you will see of this in the game. With 17 levels, ~9 movie sets and many different "rooms" per level, that's not bad. Like the villa, with a total of 15 different areas/rooms that comprise of a whooping total of 288 exclusive textures (not including any characters!)...the villa has only ~10% "filtered" textures.

oh, got to get ready....later.
    Last edited by gitech; March 8th, 2008 at 01:46.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have been thinking about revisiting those textures though for a while now. They may be changed...we'll see as in game and moving it looks ok-good. Remember the days when a games graphics were good in the first boards but got better as you played through the game...you know mid 80's-early 90's 2D era? A more old school feeling (not just my new "classic castlevania" level "themes") has been an aim for me throughout.

Here are some pics of some updates: HUD/poisoned, working on the village fire, and the village: Enjoy!

Last edited by gitech; March 7th, 2008 at 23:57.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    HUD complete. (except for the clock's outline).

Here are some pics I took on my third time through for fun and checking. I found three textures I still need to do.

I intend to find and change the targeting reticle as well. It's is too big and bright!

The pics:

1. Lord Oldrey (Yelllow,orange,red=Fire--purple=vampirism -= "Fire Vampire"...and bloody teeth!)
    2. Villa Archive's (need to find/do - lamp holder)
    3. Lightning Knights in the Tower of Ruin

Enjoy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i dont like the enemy select box

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Exclamation Help

Yeah, me too. I looked for it for over 5 hours on Sunday. I Cut/moved all of my dumped files and did fresh dumps. After several times of doing this many different ways...

HELP--- !!!I CAN NOT FIND IT!!! ---HELP

I am calling out for help on this one. Can anyone find this texture? I imagine it most likely will be an "_all", or "_rgb/_a" file as in game it changes color and transparency. "_all" would be preferred though if you know how to find it, any possible way, please let me know.

Also, the "back" and "skirt" textures of henry and Reinhardt were a ***** to find and they are blank! Yes, I found them but that was after hours of looking and kind of by chance. They were blank textures that (just happened) to dump at the same time as the rest of the characters textures. Funny thing...If you open these blank textures in PS and save it without touching them...they show up in game as pure white...but if you draw on them they will show up OVER the original texture. This is strange and is stopping me from finishing these characters. First ones like this in the game.
    Last edited by gitech; March 11th, 2008 at 01:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gitech View Post
    I Cut/moved all of my dumped files and did fresh dumps.
    my god that sounds dirty.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast