What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Wonderful! Thank you!

Here is a small example of how I have added riddles and poems in several places to deepen/enhance the mood and theme. This is the riddle/warning plaque that is next to Medusa's door. It used to just say "Day door".

Enjoy!

vypanb.jpg

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Awesome work so far. I think that you overdo it on some cases though. Some textures take that dark/creepy atmosphere of the game out and give a more splatter tone to it. I don't know if that's the plan or it's just happening so I felt like pointing it out. :p

I'd love to see how the observatory on the Castle Center level is going to look.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Awesome. Thank you!

Splattered? What do you mean and where specifically?

Thank you. I would like to take a look at what you're referring to.

Funny you should ask about the observatory. I am working on it right now.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Cyberman got it right. :)

Castlevania 64 gives (or at least, tries to give) the player a feeling of loneliness, isolation and mystery on some levels and areas (the villa level for example). The colors and the style of the art that is used in the game are part of the whole atmosphere.
The colors and textures you use on some cases (when Carrie gets poisoned for example) give s different tone to the game. What I'm not sure about is whether that's you intention or not. :p

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I'm still confused by the word splatter. What do you mean? :crazy:

I could make Carrie's poisoned skin darker green. But, see...during normal play you can't get that close to her face, and if the camera does somehow get that close it is moving super fast trying to get back to its normal distance from the character. For that shot I even have the "near Z plan hack" turned on, otherwise her face/head would be clipped. That's how close that shot is. The original color scheme for the poison state was light blue skin. While playing, I could not tell my character was poisoned. Now, poison turns you green and f...'s up your skin. What poison should do. Still, the camera is usually so far away and the action so fast that I will still go several minutes before I realize I am poisoned. That's probably because I am concentrating on other textures at the time but I figure it will just stand out more and make more sense to the player when it happens to them.

Thank you. Your comments help and are always welcome! :pj64:

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks everyone for all your support. :happy:

PsyMan, I've got some new pictures...

1. The Observatory
2. The Library
3. Behemoth's Magic Seal
4. Behemoth

1ikco8.jpg

rsvih3.jpg

21erwxj.jpg

b9c6s0.jpg

Info on the Castle Center: This place is HUGE! Most levels have 30 to 100 textures with the Villa as the largest at 288 textures. Well, guess what?! The Castle Center has a whopping ~460 textures! OMG. My pack was at 216 meg before I started the castle center and with only ~20% of the castle center done the pack already jumped to 317 meg! This pack is going to be huge. Right now I am at ~2350 textures done! I estimate the pack will have about 2900 textures and be 500+ megs when it's finished. :crazy:

Then we can :party: and have a :beer:

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Thanks everyone for all your support. :happy:

PsyMan, I've got some new pictures...

1. The Observatory
2. The Library
3. Behemoth's Magic Seal
4. Behemoth

Info on the Castle Center: This place is HUGE! Most levels have 30 to 100 textures with the Villa as the largest at 288 textures. Well, guess what?! The Castle Center has a whopping ~460 textures! OMG. My pack was at 216 meg before I started the castle center and with only ~20% of the castle center done the pack already jumped to 317 meg! This pack is going to be huge. Right now I am at ~2350 textures done! I estimate the pack will have about 3900 textures and be 500+ megs when it's finished. :crazy:

The pics are impressive, you'll give the game a great and up-to-date look with lot's of new extras. Also your progress is impressive.
I'm really looking forward to your release! I wonder why this pack don't get the attention it deserves.
Btw: do you plan on releasing a Castlevania 1 pack aswell? I think only some textures need to be renamed and some other replaced and it should be done without lot more work. Would be great aswell!
So keep it going!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
That looks good indeed! Can't wait to see it finished. Talking about a face lift huh?

Triggerhappy

Wow! Bravo, very beautiful work! I just found this place randomly from a google search on Castlevania 64 textures because I'm thinking of making a map remake of the garden maze for another game. Textures are one thing that I've never understood how to make, but geometry is something I'm finally learning how to do. Hope I can play the game with these new textures once it's finished!

mode7

This is so professionally looking!
I actually sometimes think your textures are the original ones.
Always wanted to play this game - with this textures i definately will!

How is this game? Is it worth the Castlevania title?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
This is so professionally looking!
I actually sometimes think your textures are the original ones.
Always wanted to play this game - with this textures i definately will!

How is this game? Is it worth the Castlevania title?
Both (LOD is jsut a remake of the first title) have a great individual style and are a fun play. They had some problems with camera etc., but for the first (2) 3D Castlevania(s) it was a good first try.
Give it a try, but we should stop with the Offtopic. Let's enjoy the new textures! ;)

mode7

Info on the Castle Center: This place is HUGE! Most levels have 30 to 100 textures with the Villa as the largest at 288 textures. Well, guess what?! The Castle Center has a whopping ~460 textures! OMG. My pack was at 216 meg before I started the castle center and with only ~20% of the castle center done the pack already jumped to 317 meg! This pack is going to be huge. Right now I am at ~2350 textures done! I estimate the pack will have about 2900 textures and be 500+ megs when it's finished. :crazy:

OMG this is insane!!
A Mario 64 level is only about 50 textures .Still it takes at least 15 hours for me to complete... - and there aren't so many levels with individual texture sets.
You have my deepest respect!