What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
just one thing. Try to redo the texture .I have see that for more texture you just apply a filter. The result is that you have a "wrong" more detail texture but sincerely , i really don't like it.

But the texture you totally redone are good ^^

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
just one thing. Try to redo the texture .I have see that for more texture you just apply a filter. The result is that you have a "wrong" more detail texture but sincerely , i really don't like it.

But the texture you totally redone are good ^^
he worked six hours on that texture, how long have you ever worked on to get it just the way you like? i like it, it looks real enough for a video game, and to just basicly say, it doesent look right i dont like it, is realy mean. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
just calm down guy. :angry:
Plus , i didn't speak for flame and fire , but speak for texture boat and others who are just filtered .
what i say will help him to progress.

Last edited:

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
I agree with Djipi. Your fence texture, for instance, was excellent. I'd like to see more of that, and less of that wooden floor texture on the boat.

You have a ton of potential with this, though!

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
That's OK. I think it actually looks pretty good considering... ...these "first" boards are the first textures I ever did... ...and that it makes them look old and beat up-which fits the castlevania theme and my theme. I did make sure each "filtered" texture was oriented for light sources, oriented for "grain", and each was colored/brightness/contrast to fit if posible...ie...some compromises where textures repeat all over. The ship, some forest, the castle wall and a very small amount in the villa are about all you will see of this in the game. With 17 levels, ~9 movie sets and many different "rooms" per level, that's not bad. Like the villa, with a total of 15 different areas/rooms that comprise of a whooping total of 288 exclusive textures (not including any characters!)...the villa has only ~10% "filtered" textures. :)

oh, got to get ready....later. :)

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I have been thinking about revisiting those textures though for a while now. They may be changed...we'll see as in game and moving it looks ok-good. Remember the days when a games graphics were good in the first boards but got better as you played through the game...you know mid 80's-early 90's 2D era? A more old school feeling (not just my new "classic castlevania" level "themes") has been an aim for me throughout.

Here are some pics of some updates: HUD/poisoned, working on the village fire, and the village: Enjoy!

2mmfts9.jpg

10xwy0n.jpg

op9stg.jpg

314yzhs.jpg

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
HUD complete. (except for the clock's outline).

Here are some pics I took on my third time through for fun and checking. I found three textures I still need to do.

I intend to find and change the targeting reticle as well. It's is too big and bright!

The pics:

1. Lord Oldrey (Yelllow,orange,red=Fire--purple=vampirism -= "Fire Vampire"...and bloody teeth!)
2. Villa Archive's (need to find/do - lamp holder)
3. Lightning Knights in the Tower of Ruin

Enjoy!

17w9br.jpg

149xxfq.jpg

2u5cil1.jpg

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Help

:party: Yeah, me too. I looked for it for over 5 hours on Sunday. I Cut/moved all of my dumped files and did fresh dumps. After several times of doing this many different ways...

HELP--- !!!I CAN NOT FIND IT!!! ---HELP

I am calling out for help on this one. Can anyone find this texture? I imagine it most likely will be an "_all", or "_rgb/_a" file as in game it changes color and transparency. "_all" would be preferred though if you know how to find it, any possible way, please let me know.

Also, the "back" and "skirt" textures of henry and Reinhardt were a bitch to find and they are blank! Yes, I found them but that was after hours of looking and kind of by chance. They were blank textures that (just happened) to dump at the same time as the rest of the characters textures. Funny thing...If you open these blank textures in PS and save it without touching them...they show up in game as pure white...but if you draw on them they will show up OVER the original texture. This is strange and is stopping me from finishing these characters. First ones like this in the game.

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Yeah, that was quite a dump! :evil:

With a total of ~4100 good textures (not duplicates or text dumps) so far it was a bold move. Took my PC a while just to think about it.

With over 20,000 total textures dumped including duplcates and text dumps, it has been quite a process.

Only have the castle center and related enimies, items and weapons for Rienhardt and Carrie and 6 out of 8 more endings left to dump and retexture.

Yes, this game has a total of EIGHT possible different endings PLUS several different additional events that can occur depending on how you play through each game! :w00t:

This game is a classic! Not bad for Konami KCEK's first attempt at a 3D game.

I found the textures for Henry and Reinhardt by copy/pasting the "image" of them from their "ci_bmp" dump and saving them over their "blank" ci_png versions with Photoshop.

Still need help with the targeting reticle though! Anyone?

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Here are some new pics I took while going through Carrie's quest. Charles Vincent took about 7 hours and Carrie about 6. Check 'em out! :bouncy:

In the pics:

1. Carrie close up: original
2. Carrie close up: Hi-res (Carrie-all textures 256x256)
3. Charles Vincent and Carrie: original
4. Charles Vincent and Carrie: Hi-res (Charles-all textures 512x512)
5. Carrie's new skirt: Super close up with light to show lace and belt detail

All in the Villa:

2qu0i89.jpg

2i0ray1.jpg

ju9sub.jpg

w1crix.jpg

34ownpi.jpg

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Just after posting the last pics I waited in the Rose Garden, and at dawn...I started Rosa. I am thinking about giving her a necklace...what do you guys think?

As the fourth girl face and dress I have done it seems I am getting faster. I think she is kinda :drool: so I had to share her with you. Enjoy!

34zzrlg.png

Terranigma

As the fourth girl face and dress I have done it seems I am getting faster. I think she is kinda :drool: so I had to share her with you. Enjoy!

I don't know about you, but the new texture on her hair looks more like a wood texture than hair texture. A wooden wig?

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thank you! A necklace and hair it is... :robot:

Based on your feedback here is the new and improoved Rosa in a pic of her and her necklace in progesss.

OMG! I almost gave up on her necklace like five times. ...(Talking to myself while working on her)...every time I felt defeated I was like "F--- this, fine then, she will have no necklace!" :gunman: But now I am like :naughty: and :happy:

Allow me to rant a happy rant:

What I did today:
1. Touched up face -(skin around lips, dropped slight shadow under lips)
2. Re-did her hair -(old: dirty blond at 256x256 -- today: nice blond hair at 1024x1024, took ~8 different tries)
3. Re-did and increased dress texture from 512x512 to 1024x1024 -(to achieve detail on chest/necklace)
4. Centered, highlighted and shadowed dress at breasts -(to show depth at dress line)
5. Then the necklace - *next paragraph!
6. Gave her the Castlevania Cross as a pendant -(worked out great as it hides the ends of the other texture)
7. Gave her cleavage -(for obvious reasons) :wink:
8. Additional shadow drops -(for depth and finnish)

For educational purposes only:
*Ok, the necklace. The chest and pendant area of the texture is only about 1/32 or 3.125% of the total texture!(yeah, did the math for that one :geek: ) The rest of the texture is her collar bones/neck, shoulders and dress. For the necklace this means the texture warps severely on the border between her chest/pendant and her shoulders, collar bones and neck. What it came down to was about 30 tries at warping my texture to compensate for this. In the pic is her with the necklace when first applied and I had already tried warping it a few times, along with lines to help me identify the warping. The lines are actually parallel and straight on the texture in photoshop. This is not the first texture like this either but this was a bad one. It's mostly (but definitely not limited to) textures that carry over from CV64 that are strange...which is quite a few as this game includes all of the original CV64's quests.

Enjoy!

51ztc3.png

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi guys,

The Underground Waterway is done.

Here are some pics of the Lizard Men that I did during this level.

For educational purposes only:
*It was a challenge to get these close-ups. I got everyone in a narrow hallway and used the battle view(locked camera) to bring the camera in against one wall. It was almost impossible to get everyone to stay on screen and pose for the camera. I took 39 screenshots to get these pics :blink: I turned on the "Near Plane Z Hack" so the characters wouldn't clip this close to the screen. This option is staying on now. I learn something new everyday.*

I have adopted several character themes.

For the lizard men I was able to use 4 of them: Fire, Lightning, Poison and Darkness.

In the pics:

1. Fire Lizard Men: Lit up bright with the fire they shoot at you.(I have to redo this fire still)
2. Lightning Lizard Man and Carrie Poisoned super close-up: New poisoned look, will redo Cornell.
3. Lightning, Fire and Poison Lizard Men: Check out those shields!
4. Darkness Lizard Men: I like the lighting/depth in their texture

Enjoy!

qssh36.png

24b530i.jpg

35hfzet.jpg

2ivz30n.png

Last edited:

Terranigma

Those lizard creature skins look gorgeous.

I still think the newest version of the hair texture looks like wood, but it's not like we'll be looking at her hair throughout the entire game.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I will try to redo Rosa's hair on my way through with Reinhardt. More yellow too. It is a 1024x1024 photo of real hair tiled on the texture in PS to tile with the hair flowing and ending in the right places and direction on the poly's, to a practical extent. Her hair poly's are crazy. =]

:alucard: Introducing... Medusa...

23w1csh.jpg

w7oap2.jpg

2cwl9w8.jpg

jkeyk3.jpg

Last edited: