Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow i cant believe how bad the textures were on the original.

Desktop:
    CPU: Pentiun Dual Core(2x 1.60Ghz)
    MEMORY: 2GB of DDR2, 150GB HDD

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know! Like this bike. Here is a pic of it while I was working on it. It's made of only two textures! One for the bike frame and one for EVERYTHING else. Everything "else" is painted here for piece identification and is just different parts of the SAME texture! I had to go back-and-forth identifying what part of the texture is cut out and where it is used on the bike. It's the first one of it's kind I did in the game, but many textures are like that. Other things to notice about this pic are the tires. In the original texture they are just straight lines that make it look like a stop sign shape. But, the piece it is made of in the main texture is a lop-sided square that warps/stretches UN-eavenly in the game! They didn't care, they used simple lines! That was my first HARD chalange and took me at least 5 hours of work to get just that part to tile right and round evenly.

Check it out:
    Last edited by gitech; February 29th, 2008 at 01:40.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terranigma View Post
    Looks really good! I like how you put the comparisons side by side for those of us who's never played the game before.
    Dude! Terranigma! That is the best "lost" "sleeperhit" game Enix ever made! I love that game- Make the world, then adventure through it with some twisted twists, great animation, items and graphics! Awesome. That is a game that deserves a comeback or a remake. Let the people know!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gitech View Post

Dude! Terranigma! That is the best "lost" "sleeperhit" game Enix ever made! I love that game- Make the world, then adventure through it with some twisted twists, great animation, items and graphics! Awesome. That is a game that deserves a comeback or a remake. Let the people know!
    I'm looking forward to the Virtual Console release. At least I hope it gets a second chance on VC.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yeah, That would be cool to use the wiimote. That game gas a lot of potential! I wish they would allow the remake of crono-trigger.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here is a pic of my fence for the burning village in the opening scene. I just finnished these textures even though the rest of cornell's quest is done. I knew I didn't have the knowledge the first time around. Check it out:

Note: Actual texture sizes for comparison.
    Last edited by gitech; March 5th, 2008 at 02:41.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very nice! Did you model them using a 3D program, or just photoshop?

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just photoshop.

It is made of 9 layers and 4 inner and outer shadow drops. I cut out each Horizontal and Vertical sections and made each its own layer. Then merged all the Horizontals together, and then the two Verticals together. Now I have the original broken up into two layers so I could drop shadows separately and show depth where they meet. Then apply a texture to them and adjust it. Then shadow each. Then use the eraser to clean up the edges. Then merge visible. Voila! It took about 2 hours to do. Still learning.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fire! Fire!

I just did my first fire and first animation ever. First I googled tutorials for fire in photoshop. Learned how. Then used liquify to make each frame different. It took about 6 hours total and lots of going back and forth to make each frame move into the next smoothly. First animation I have ever done! I wish you could see it moving.

Here it is in the first Ship stage with Cornell in his secret "primal" second costume (that I did just after the fire):

annoying you for over a year! Driscol's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats some real nice fire gitech. real nice. mabye i was wrong aboutchoo.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast