What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
New screens:

Enjoy :)

24o0p4o.jpg

a1tw5i.jpg

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Expanding on the technique of blending background polygons together like with the grass ect...
I spent the time to blend the separate components of this Were-Tigers parts. I even gave him
a real Tiger's mouth and nose! :)

Check it out:

2cxck5e.jpg

6hrvj9.jpg

33bn1tt.jpg

2lc8jkh.jpg

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Some of the last few touch-ups to the Forest of Silence. This tree has taken for
ever to get this way(I've been putting it off)... blending the trunk and branches into the pine needles that exist in the tree once it is hit by lightning. The pine
needles were done with two opposite passes of Alien Skin-Animal Fur. I also
added subtle orange/red ember highlights to the tree bark for after the tree has burned.

14mv29j.jpg

2sbv1ja.jpg

ehe69.jpg

2b2w7c.jpg

1112tew.jpg

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
New sreenshot of my new TV resolution. My new work looks totaly like a next gen game on the big screen!

Check it out:

s4q5c0.jpg

t6sfvc.jpg

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Castlevania LOD v1.2 is dead for the foreseeable future with RV dead
or until I figure out WTF to do about finishing it. Sorry, I don't know
how to write that last sentence...I don't know what is going to happen
...I wait...I only have hope for the texture caching option...

Also, over 1600 people have viewed the new pics I posted since Luzifer's
post above and only one comment has been made (thanks cooliscool ;) )
...are most people just not interested anymore?

Last edited:

Luzifer

Sopor Aeternus
Yes thats sad...:(
So nice and wonderful work and not many people want it I think...
Texture community dying.. :plain:

cerebus5

Well, LOD is somewhat of an obscure game also for a retexturing. I didn't even realise that there were two Castlevania games for the N64 until I saw this pack. It's great work you've done really but it's not a game I'm much interested in. The community is very splintered, packs get left unfinished, only really a small handful of dedicated modders are producing work consistently in a way that can be followed.

Shin_Gouki

Castlevania LOD v1.2 is dead for the foreseeable future with RV dead
or until I figure out WTF to do about finishing it. Sorry, I don't know
how to write that last sentence...I don't know what is going to happen
...I wait...I only have hope for the texture caching option...

RV dead? what does this mean?
Your work is amazing! Don't psuh your self to hard just do as you please! I always check your WIP!

micheleen

He means with rice video deqad.video in mind, now that glide can dump textures, rice is rendered almost useless *according to most people* I still prefer rice ^^.

Anyway don't stop! I registered just tpo say dont stop, your work is in incredible.

Excuse my spelling :).

jmf145

People are interested but, most of them are lurkers. Looking right now there are 16 members and 348 guests and most members (like myself) rarely ever posts or replies to anything.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks guys. I will continue...of coarse...I will never stop...but the direction is uncertain. I will continue to use Rice Video and test with Glide. So far Glide needs optimization for ease of use while retexturing and emulation speed and accuracy for other games I am interested in doing like Sin and Punishment that I started to retexture the other day.

Rice video is still more ironed out and seems more compatible to me even if it has some things that could be "better" in it's code.

I do hope Glide becomes the best plugin to meet it's goal. The team working on it is on top of things. But I also hope someone else picks up Rice Video to add the texture caching option so textures don't need to load in real time during game play with hires packs and maybe iron out the few bugs left/optimize the code.

Cheers.

faceless79

holy crap! wow too bad i cant download it right now, my pc would take about 3 hours (acctually the library pc). I dont have net at home :(

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Oh, crap. That sucks. :( When it's is ALL done...someday...maybe I can send you a copy on CD...if it will fit on one...it may have to be a DVD as it is at 700mb+ now. Send me a PM so I will remember when the time comes. And Thanks man. ;)

mgfcortez

yeah i haven't been around sorry, but i still want it bad!!
this is very cool stuff and all the new stuff looks great!!!
is the pack new has it been updated in the last month if so i'll redownload it^_^
anyway i hope you can find out whats wrong and fix it:)
i don't know what the problem is but i have fath in you!!

i may not look at this page every day but i'll be back to these forums and its only because of your pack!!!
anyway take care man and i look forward to a update one day.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!!!
and great work i might add;)

edit:p

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks man but just a second, could you take out that last paragraph. ;)

I'll give you some information if you do!

Change your post and I'll change mine. :) ;)

ctatumt

Hey mgfcortez I pm'ed you! Sorry bout that gitech :) So are there any updates on the texture cache addition to rice video? It would be so awesome to play your pack along with other packs (with the duplication problem) with no slow downs. I'm still getting problems with glide64 and rice to me is still more reliable. Just my thoughts :)