What's new

Unable to load SSB

Yeppers

Whenever I load SSB on Nemu, it says the program has had an error and needs to close. Is there any way I can fix this? I'm using XP pro 64bit (this also didn't work when I had a 32bit OS.)

OP
Y

Yeppers

If you mean P64k, then yes. It always says "failed to initialize HAL device." and something about "unable to load GFX." I tried Nemu64, but it will always crash when trying to load SSB. 1964 always says "you do not have this type of ROM!" whenever I try to join a game.

I'm trying with Mupen, but most people boot me because it isn't the same Emu as theirs

spartan

why r u using pj64k, pj64k's for netplay u should be using pj64 1.6.

and if the game crashes on nemu and says you dont have the right rom in 1964 then most likely you got a bad rom.

OP
Y

Yeppers

I do, but most people kick me out because I'm not using the same Emu as them...(for Smash Bros., it's PJ64K)

spartan

if you dont know already it wont let the game start unless everyone in the room has the same emu, thats why they keep kicking you. and pj64k should be fine for smash bros, but dont expect to play goldeneye or perfect dark without a desynch.

OP
Y

Yeppers

Then can you help me with my problem with P64K?

The errors say: Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device. Makre sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0

and

Failed to initialize Graphics

I did Jabo's Direct3D plugins 6 and 7 but they both do the same thing.

spartan

i heard this problem before, does this happen with pj64 1.6, what is your graphics card, and have u tried jabs d3d8 1.6 as your plugin?

OP
Y

Yeppers

No it doesn't happen with 1.6, or any other Emu. My graphics card is a Radeon 9200LE.

Where can I find that plugin?
Nevermind. I found it

Ok. If all I have to do is put it in the Plugin folder, then it still isn't working. It isn't in the list. Just 6 and 7.

Last edited:

spartan

No it doesn't happen with 1.6, or any other Emu. My graphics card is a Radeon 9200LE.

Where can I find that plugin?

in the project 1.6 plugin folder, and if it works for you change the name of the plugin from jabo_Direct3D8.dll to jabo_Direct3D7.dll, do this because when you start netplay it will load jabos d3d7 so changeing the name to that will make pj64 think its using jabosd3d7.

OP
Y

Yeppers

in the project 1.6 plugin folder, and if it works for you change the name of the plugin from jabo_Direct3D8.dll to jabo_Direct3D7.dll, do this because when you start netplay it will load jabos d3d7 so changeing the name to that will make pj64 think its using jabosd3d7.
Nope, it still isn't reading it.

Thanks anyways, but this isn't going to work. I'm starting to get really pissed that nothing I do works.