What's new

disc emulation

Beaniehat

Is it possible to play a game that was ripped and put into a burned data disc? I use SSF which play some of my games would my comp be able to read it play as if it were asaturn game disc?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes. Saturn discs are no different from normal data discs. I mean come on, if you can mount Saturn disc images with Daemon Tools and (or whatever virtual drive software you use), you sure as hell can burn that same image on to a disc and play using said disc.

OP
B

Beaniehat

What format can I put it in? I have it in bin+cue and I converted a copy to img+ccd+sub and made a data disc of that....didn't play. does the type of files matter or do I have to mount the virtual drive like you said? I'm not sure how they work. : \

smcd

You can install something like daemon tools and then read how to mount a drive (it isn't hard, really!) Burning the image into a CD should have worked though...

OP
B

Beaniehat

ok I got the virtual mount going, configured the settings on 3 different emulators, and put them in. the games are sonic jam and an unreleased sonic game called sonic Xtreme(tech demo). I got sonic jam to work once but it had a poor framerate and couldn't connect to the ram. On the the other emu's, they say the disc isn't support even on the virtual drive. help?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
SSF requires a beefy computer should you choose to run it as accurately as it can. You'll see slowdown otherwise.

Last edited:
OP
B

Beaniehat

ok....so what can I do? I already burned the game to the discs and for some reason SSF doesn't work (probably because its on a vista) but I'll use whatever's out there. any suggestions?