What's new

Real shaders are here. Cel & Bloom

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Works fine for me. Do it as written, use the correct plugin. Put it in the installation folder. How the hell can you miss?

Big Robot Bill

'Thought I'd join in on the craze of this shader not working. I load up 1964 with 6.1.3 DX9 and I keep getting the errors "Error to start video" and soon after "g_pRender is NULL," both coming from Mudlord's plugin. Both files for the shaders are in the root directory of 1964. PJ64 1.6 also fails to work (but it actually loads up the game, but pressing "+" doesn't do anything). I've tried the other versions of Mudlord's Rice and nothing seems to work. My graphics card is rather old, so that may be the problem. It is a nVida Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro HAL. It does have the latest drivers from the support site, though.

So, is my graphics card the problem or have I overlooked something?

OP
C

cdiddy7

^Yeah it looks like ur video card is the problem. u need a graphics card that supports pixel shader 2.0. It wouldn't work with PJ64 1.6 it only works with 1.7 or 1964.

I do what is said to do, but it just doesn't work for me. Is there a plugin setting I need to have with said plugin?

What is your video card? Does it support pixel shader 2.0?

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
It is a nVida Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro HAL

Your video card does not support HLSL or assembly style pixel shaders. At all. There's your issue. You'll get shaders working IF you severely upgrade your video card. A GeForce FX or upwards should be fine. A Radeon 9600 should work great.

X-Fi6

Hmm, this isn't working for me either.

This is when I use your Rice Video 1.6.4 normal and DX9 versions, as well as Jabo's 1.7.

I put the d3dx9.dll file in the Project64 folder and I run PJ64 1.7, and when I start a game, when I press + on the number pad nothing happens--same with when I'm in fullscreen mode.

I'm using an ATI Radeon x1600 with the latest drivers, with Windows XP x64 and DirectX 9.

Any ideas? I highly doubt it's because I'm using x64 Windows...

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
The D3D9 patched DLL will only work with DX9 plugins and applications. Nothing else.

Which 1.7 builds have you tried?

shaoranmps

Manaurys M. suazo
i want to try this but every time a use it my screen go white i want to know if this have something to do with ma video card i have a ATi RADEON 9250

Ryuran

The Overseer
Cdiddy7's DLL (all versions) works fine with Majora's Mask, but I couldn't make it work with Ocarina of Time... Why does it happen? I'm using the same configuration for both games.

Edit: Nevermind...I switched to 800x600 and its working now.

Last edited:

jdsony

This is exciting. Looks like when I ditch my desktop I'll have to opt for a laptop with a half decent graphics card.

mamudi

Wow I am Really Amazed!
But I have a question Will it work with Djipi Celda Pack?
thnx for the great work

These 2 shots look great

cgshader969.jpg

zzz37.jpg

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
the bloom looks a bit over the top, is there any chance of a slightly duller version?

jdsony

I'm having a weird problem. I tried the Bloom and it worked fine but now when I try and replace it with one of the other effects it just gives me the Bloom one everytime. I copied over the shader with a couple different ones but it stays the same.

Ok the mudshader pack they all work so the issue is just related to some of the other shaders people have been posting.

So they do actually work the results are just different than expected. It seems many of the FX slightly alter the colour output which is too bad when that's not the intention. Neat results though.

Last edited:

Angel O'Death

I'm having a strange issue. 6.1.3 DX9 won't show up in the selection box under options -> settings -> plugins. I've tried 1.7.0.46 and 1.7.0.55.

6.1.4 shows up and works fine.