What's new

Real shaders are here. Cel & Bloom

mudlord

Banned
I couldn't get this to work on PJ64 1.7

Okay, are you using my latest DX9 plugin?

That is essential for this to work.

I'm considering modding the plugin to use the same code as the DLL currently uses, but it might be tricky. Especially when texrects and fillrect commands need to be filtered. Which possibly means things can be filtered twice...Unless I modify the render loop...

pilm

screenshot

zzz35.jpg
The celshaded screenshots look amazing !

The result is so good, we may start to consider what type of lightning we want to use in this shader. In the screenshot above, the range of color on Link clothes is linearly mapped — maybe we could find a more cartoonish color mapping ? (I have in mind this white paper from Valve, explaining how they created characters shading in TF2 (pdf), from an artistic point of vue — the interesting part is about the biased lighning term, which avoid a linear shading.)

mudlord

Banned
The result is so good, we may start to consider what type of lightning we want to use in this shader. In the screenshot above, the range of color on Link clothes is linearly mapped — maybe we could find a more cartoonish color mapping ? (I have in mind this white paper from Valve, explaining how they created characters shading in TF2 (pdf), from an artistic point of vue — the interesting part is about the biased lighning term, which avoid a linear shading.)

Orkin was experimenting with per-pixel lighting when he was doing math before he does the dot product calculations in his shaders...

Soups

Press 'A' to Jump
I'm SO desperate to get this to work, but it's just not cooperating! Can someone maybe post a checklist of plugins/files/whatever I need to get this to work? I have Mudlord's plugin as my graphics plugin, and I extracted everything from the OP into both my PJ 1.6 folder (I know it's been said I need 1.7, but I can't seem to find it anywhere without donating to the official PJ64 site), plus I extracted the files into the plugins folder JUST IN CASE. Still no dice. Any suggestions? Is PJ64 1.7 absolutely vital?

OP
C

cdiddy7

Damita i wish i have pj's 7.0

I'm SO desperate to get this to work, but it's just not cooperating! Can someone maybe post a checklist of plug ins/files/whatever I need to get this to work? I have Mud lord's plugging as my graphics plugging, and I extracted everything from the OP into both my PK 1.6 folder (I know it's been said I need 1.7, but I can't seem to find it anywhere without donating to the official PJ'S site), plus I extracted the files into the plug ins folder JUST IN CASE. Still no dice. Any suggestions? Is PJ'S 1.7 absolutely vital?

Well... use your imagination the Internet is full of endless information you know :devil:. Where do you get your Roms? I can only guess. :pirate: ;)

ps. I do not condone piracy in any way.

Last edited:

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
For the cel shadder i would add a smoth layer to make it like LOZ WW still ruff edges a tiny bit. Still amazzing work.

Also i cant get it to work either i followes the steps can u explain them in steps exp.

1. Install in dic
2. So on So forth

And add the whole file name leave out the file type so we can get it to work i dont understand a little to.

You probley dont even know what im saying.

Last edited:

Twilight_hero

Retexturer
I have extracted the dll and the fakehdr.fx to the project 64 directory and i have put on the Mudlord's Rice Video plugin Build 6.1.3- DX9, but everytime i load up the rom, it doesn't work, it just closes all of a sudden.

Soups

Press 'A' to Jump
Well... use your imagination the Internet is full of endless information you know :devil:. Where do you get your Roms? I can only guess. :pirate: ;)

ps. I do not condone piracy in any way.

I love you.

But seriously, isn't 1.7 only in its beta stage? Is this the version I really NEED to use? Is that the only reason when I load up OoT and hit + on the number pad crazy shading/bloom crap doesn't explode onto my screen?

E: Finally got this working and it looks amazing!Too bad about the program crashing when leaving full-screen, though.

Last edited:

starfox5194

Gamecube Texture Distributer
hey am i retarted or is mudlord's rice plugin like impossible to find?

can somebody tell me what to google

OP
C

cdiddy7

Just tested with 1964, it works fine. Those who can"t find pj64 1.7 can use the 1964 emulator with muldlord rice 6.1.3 not 6.1.4

Last edited: