What's new

XInput Plugin (Xbox 360 Rumble + Both Triggers)

robertxx74

Please release the source!

Hi Billiard,
The xinput plugin is great - the best method for getting rumble to work yet. Can you please consider releasing the source so that others can adapt your code for their projects?
Many thanks,
Robert.

OP
B

Billard

Hi Billiard,
The xinput plugin is great - the best method for getting rumble to work yet. Can you please consider releasing the source so that others can adapt your code for their projects?
Many thanks,
Robert.

i dont want to release the source, because i would be embarrassed of my bad coding skills, lol

anyways xinput is so simple
you could learn it in 5 minutes

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb173044(VS.85).aspx

but if anyone has any questions, i could help them

Clements

I have made this thread a sticky in the Plugins forum to avoid it being lost in the dark recesses of the PJ64 forum.

RedSky0

So can I just confirm, this allows you to get a wireless 360 controller with a usb receiver to work with rumble and analogue sticks just as well as the wired one?

Thanks.

rabiddeity

Plugin Hacker
i would like to see about adapting it into nrage

That'd be a lot harder than you think. Adding XInput at this point you'd have to add a whole new set of functions and data structures, it'd make the code completely unreadable (as opposed to mostly unreadable as it is now).

As it stands the best option for NRage is still for people to just get a fully functional DirectInput driver like XBCD. It still bothers a lot of people that MS didn't bother to code in full support for DirectInput into their official driver. And since no other controller supports XInput (because the buttons and functionality are limited exactly to that of the X360 controller) it doesn't make sense to switch the code over, even though it may be easier to write XInput code.

rabiddeity

Plugin Hacker
How to connect my Xbox 360 to the internet through my laptop running vista ? I have Created a network bridge between my wireless connection and the Ethernet connection but when I run the xbox live test the IP address fails. Please help me

Wrong topic, wrong category, completely wrong message board. This forum is for discussion of emulators. Maybe you should quit drinking? :blink:

Yogi

Great stuff!

Hope you could make it such that users can customise buttons according to their preference.

Btw, the rumble don't work for me. :( Tried california speed, mario 64 shindou edition & a few others.

Edit: Oops, just realised that it's coming to 1 year!! :ph34r: GUess there's no more updates. :(

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Yeah, because XCBD is much more compatible and should work with all XBox360 controllers. Use it instead and it should be fine with the newest NRage betas.

Yogi

Yeah, because XCBD is much more compatible and should work with all XBox360 controllers. Use it instead and it should be fine with the newest NRage betas.

I had already patched my v107 XBCD to v0.2.1, but it never recognises my xbox360 controller. Under the device window, there's nothing, let alone configuring. :(

Edit: With some effort, finally got it working!! :D
http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=417930&postcount=4

Last edited:

burgeoning

It seems that this driver is still the only way to get rumble and left (z) and right trigger combined control (Mario Kart 64 must have) with an xbox 360 wireless controller. The main thing missing is memory pak support and a control panel.

Please provide source and I can code in these features.

Mnts

Plugin crash

The plugin crash in my computer. this is the crash message:

CN64System::LoadFileImage - Exception caught
File: D:\My Programs\home\project64 1.7\source\N64 System\N64
Class:ccp
Line:236

notes:

I not have any "D:\My Programs\home\project64 1.7\source\N64 System\N64" directory and project 64 crash only with XInput Plugin

I am using project 64 1.7.0.49 installed on "C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64\project64.exe"

My system:

Operating System:
Windows 7 ultimate X64 (es-mx)
CPU:
AMD Atlhon 64X2 4600+ @ 2.39GHz
Video Card:
IGP ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 DirectX 9.0 capable UMA 256MB
Sound Card:
Onboard Realtek HD Audio ALC883
Memory:
DDR2-800 PC2-6400 3GB

Video driver:
Versión del paquete de controladores 8.593.100-100210a-095951E-ATI
Versión de Catalyst™ 10.2
Proveedor ATI Technologies Inc.
Versión de controlador 2D 8.01.01.882
Ruta de archivo de controlador 2D /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Versión de Direct3D 8.14.10.0647
Versión de OpenGL 6.14.10.8545
Versión de Catalyst™ Control Center 2010.0210.2339.42455
Versión de Controlador AV Stream (T550 Pro) 6.14.10.394

Last edited:

neoh4x0r

Project64 1.7 (is a beta) testing should be done on 1.6 or (1.7 when released)

I am using project 64 1.7.0.49
this is the crash message:
CN64System::LoadFileImage - Exception caught
File: D:\My Programs\home\project64 1.7\source\N64 System\N64
Class:ccp
Line:236

Project64 v1.7 is currently a beta version, you should be using v1.6.
Moreover, there is no reason for an xinput driver to be created for 1.7 until there is an offical non-beta release, becuase the specifications for the plugin will definitely change between now and its official release.
Also, with changing specifications it might become impossible or extremely difficult to port the current driver code to the new version.

PS: Billard
Worked like charm on pj64 1.6 (not sure about the build or revision)
I will be waiting for you to add a dialog to configure the xbox360 buttons

Last edited: