What's new

No$GBA and WiFi

Nahuel

Will be ever posible to emulate the WiFi conection with this emulator???
I mean: trade a pokemon with a Nintendo Ds Console???

I ask if it´s posible.... not if we can do that right now.

Sorry for my bad english

synch

Will be ever posible to emulate the WiFi conection with this emulator???
I mean: trade a pokemon with a Nintendo Ds Console???

I ask if it´s posible.... not if we can do that right now.

Sorry for my bad english

DS wifi is partially still undocumented, so the safest answer is: no one knows. There's still a bit of reverse engineering to be done, so that's as precise as anyone can be right now. Oh, and in general, we don't know the future :p

Darklionpt

DS wifi is partially still undocumented, so the safest answer is: no one knows. There's still a bit of reverse engineering to be done, so that's as precise as anyone can be right now. Oh, and in general, we don't know the future :p

but my cristalball is saying "Hamachi" wats hamachi?
Does anyone know?:stupid:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Hamachi creates a VPN for computers that connect to one another. Perhaps it could be used to help WiFi emulation, but I really don't care one way or the other

Last edited:

synch

Nope. The problem is within hardware emulation/lack of documentation, not how general wifi works :p

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Hamachi doesn't really have any use. at all... All you have to do is log onto Nintendo WiFi network normally with No$GBA. The only problem is... As mentioned above, people do not know how much of the Nintendo DS WiFi works on the software or hardware side. While there is some very minimal emulation, It probably won't take you online in any/most games.

GamerAeon

The NDS probably works much like a PC/Mac and a WiFi connection between two computers

Each computer has a DIFFERENT MAC address and thusly communicate back n forth knowing they ARE the same TYPE of entity but different nonetheless

Nintendo WiFi Network has probably encoded the NDS the same way in the same respect most likely using the serial number on each NDS.

So I would assume No$GBA NDS WiFi Capability wouldn't happen w/o some SERIOUS intel about how the NDS PRECISELY communicates via WiFi.

If this were PSP Emulation then it's just a glorified WiFi connection but since this is Super secret hush hush Nintendo.....ehhh I'm just happy that the NDS is emulatable period lol:happy:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
The NDS probably works much like a PC/Mac and a WiFi connection between two computers

Each computer has a DIFFERENT MAC address and thusly communicate back n forth knowing they ARE the same TYPE of entity but different nonetheless

Nintendo WiFi Network has probably encoded the NDS the same way in the same respect most likely using the serial number on each NDS.

So I would assume No$GBA NDS WiFi Capability wouldn't happen w/o some SERIOUS intel about how the NDS PRECISELY communicates via WiFi.

If this were PSP Emulation then it's just a glorified WiFi connection but since this is Super secret hush hush Nintendo.....ehhh I'm just happy that the NDS is emulatable period lol:happy:

Explanation: It connects normally. The main possibilities for connecting an NDS are by creating a TAP network and bridging it with your regular connection or sharing the connection (And these are both possible. VMWare has done them.)

The problem at hand is the hardware interfaces. People know how WiFi works, the NDS obviously uses regular WiFi else it would not be able to communicate with your router, however, the hardware is kind of confusing. I'm guessing it's kind of like the Opcode situation on N64 emulation whereas you have different interfaces to handle different jobs. In this case, all of them must be implemented and then the networking situation can be dealt with by using WinTap32 and bridging your connection.

GamerAeon

Well until someone who knows something about Networking, Electronics, and Coding comes along WiFi is just a pipe dream on an emu lol