What's new

Guess what filetypes nintendo uses for Wii games? Pictures inside [56K Warning]

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Brawl also uses the BRFNT format.

I've checked it up, and BRFNT files are nothing like BFN files.

I wonder if whoever made the BFN dumper, could take a look at these BRFNT font formated files, and perhaps identify the changes, and confirm if it is the same core format with slight changes, or instead of Images and character mappings, it actually uses resizable vector fonts like the ones used on Macs and PCs?

thakis

I wrote the bfn dumper. I don't have access to a brfnt file, but GaryCXJk said that the files are not alike (see earlier this thread).

Nelde

wow, that was fast... i'll get my copy tomorrow.
nice find btw, really interesting! now if only bone output would be supported... :D

GamerAeon

The Wii is the GC v2.0
The DS is the N64 v2.0
and the V-Console for all the old platforms is what they wished they had done to the old systems in the first place.

Ahhh Nintendo how you fleece us out of our money lol:devil:

Mariowario130

The Wii is the GC v2.0
The DS is the N64 v2.0
and the V-Console for all the old platforms is what they wished they had done to the old systems in the first place.

Ahhh Nintendo how you fleece us out of our money lol:devil:

I'm getting tired of people saying this.
Nintendo chose to use upgraded Gamecube parts because its cheaper, and not only that but it doesn't alienate the programmers who've programmed on the Gamecube.

The DS is the N64 v2.0?
People have been saying this since Mario 64DS was released, and they probably never even owned a DS. The key difference is that the architectures are different, N64 uses MIPS processors and the DS uses ARM.

Just because they port an n64 game doesn't make it OMFGLOLXDBBQN6V2.

Good day to you sir.

score_under

10k is nice, but 5k is enough to make it look good if you do it well.
Even the GC Mario with only 1350 polygons looks good enough, especially when compared to the N64 Mario ;)

Tell that to the PS3 fanboys!

I asked _SOMEONE_ whether or not you actually need to have every single blade of grass visible with thousands of polygons apiece... he said "Definitely".
I still think that N64 graphics are almost up to scratch!

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
as long as it looks although its got the highest amount of poly's possible, people will eat it up. i still dont know why at the end of galaxy, it isnt a movie, or they just couldnt be bothered making more models.

crapbag

How do you extract the ARC files in the SMG ISO?

How do you extract the arc files in the SMG ISO? I've tried a handful of programs and they all either say the files are corrupt or extract nothing (an empty folder). What program do you use to extract the ARC files?

crapbag

How do you extract the arc files in the SMG ISO? I've tried a handful of programs and they all either say the files are corrupt or extract nothing (an empty folder). What program do you use to extract the ARC files?

I got ahold of a different copy of rarcdump, but when I attempt to extract a file it just sits there with an open command prompt and does nothing.

Fluesopp

Hm.. Do you perhaps need a Wii rarcdump?
Also, just download all the rarcdump files in every thread you see and test them all.

Fluesopp

Can you open the arc files in a hex editor and post the header letters? (meaning the first four or more letters in the file). Or by using notepad. I don't think the wii files are Yaz0r encrypted.

Mega Mario DX

Sorry for bumping if this is a old topic, but is it possible to extract full animations like the Mario one? For instance, if I ripped Peach, she would have walking animations and such?

EDIT: After that I could use the BMD Importer for 3DS Max...

Thanks.

Last edited:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Sorry for bumping if this is a old topic, but is it possible to extract full animations like the Mario one? For instance, if I ripped Peach, she would have walking animations and such?

EDIT: After that I could use the BMD Importer for 3DS Max...

Thanks.

Correct, if i remember correctly. My brother was doing some ripping from WW and i do believe he was sucessful.

Actually, it's not that old. I wouldn't worry...

Mega Mario DX

Okay, thanks, nmn.

Does SMG require a Wii encryption key or anything to convert the models? Or just a few tools?

I'm not requesting a key, I'm just wanting to know because I don't want to be the one wasting time with unsuccessful rarcdumping.

BTW, that Mario Running animation looks like he's high or something. Is it just BMDView2?

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Okay, thanks, nmn.
Does SMG require a Wii encryption key or anything to convert the models? Or just a few tools?
Nope.

BTW, that Mario Running animation looks like he's high or something. Is it just BMDView2?

I do believe it's BMDView, but it may not be just his running animation (Edit: Filename reveals it is.), and it appears to also be slower than the actual animation.

Mega Mario DX

I remember someone had ripped some models from Galaxy on some other forum... I should dig them up from my downloads folder. I wonder if could upload them here...

I'll try BMDView2 out as soon as I get my hands on the ROM (and no, I'm not saying where I got it).

Mega Mario DX

I must say, thank you for this "susprise" thread and tutorial. I found peach's data and her animations are awesome - I like the Help Animation.

Sweet.

Sorry if I bumped. :p