What's new

Lemmy's plugin source code

DanX

Any chance of getting Lemmy to release the source of his video plugin?
What I am most interested in is the geometry dump code. The current code works, but Lemmy forgot to export the vertex color for vertices that have texture coordinates. Look at Mario's head from Mario64 as an example.

I tried implementing my own export function using Glide64 (it's one of the best video plugins with source available), and could make it export the geometry with the correct vertex colors just fine. The problem is, the coordinates are passed to the plugin from the game with a strange perspective, exactly like the one you get using icepir8's TR64 OGL plugin export function. I don't know enough about the N64 hardware or even about 3D theory to know how I should transform the coordinates to get the correct perspective, so looking at Lemmy's plugin source would help a lot.

If anyone could contact Lemmy and ask for the source code I would be really grateful. Any ideas of how to correct the perspective of the geometry exported with icepir8's plugin would be helpful too. After correcting the export function I would be happy to release the fixed version.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
You could try sending him a pm, but I don't think he logs in that much. Email might be the best option :)

Lemmy

I just tried uploading the sourcecode but emutalk seems to have a problem with attachments atm. I'll try again tomorrow...

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I just tried uploading the sourcecode but emutalk seems to have a problem with attachments atm. I'll try again tomorrow...
WOW, that's great news! The incredible Lemmy will release the source of his incredible plugin! Hope it will be usefull to some plugin devs aswell!
Thanks for that Lemmy! Never thought that would happen.

Lemmy

Hrm it still says

Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.

Is this an EmuTalk bug or my fault?

smcd

It's an ET bug. Avatar uploading is also broken. Given the error message i'd guess either a permissions error or bad path

Clements

I guess you could Rapidshare the source, and then someone can host it reliably, until uploading to ET works again.

http://rapidshare.com/

Alternatively, you could register at Ngemu.com and post the source on their forums and link it here. The source to your plugin is very valuable to many people. :)

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Nice to see you here Lemmy.

While your here I would just like to say thank you for all your work in the N64 emulation scene. Your hard work has brought me hour upon hour of nostalgic enjoyment. :)

Lemmy

Heh...always thought Rapidshare required you to register. But this was easy ;)

Here is the download link: RapidShare

Btw, here is a video I of a recent university project I did:

Its really not N64 but still Nintendo ;)

Oh and thanks you for your nice comments! I hope, this source will be useful to some people.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Hrm it still says

Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.

Is this an EmuTalk bug or my fault?

It is the fault of the emutalk server settings (set to secure),
in the staff area Martin posted smth about this.

MasterPhW

Heh...always thought Rapidshare required you to register. But this was easy ;)

Here is the download link: RapidShare

Oh and thanks you for your nice comments! I hope, this source will be useful to some people.
It's probably silly to ask, but IIRC the source of the latest nemu release wasn't released aswell, any change to see it, too?
Would be really interesting, because nemu still has the best debugging features.
Just a little dream of mine... :nemu:

OP
D

DanX

Thanks Lemmy, I'm sure it will be useful to a lot of people.
I didn't had much time to look at it yet, but from a quick glance at the code I noticed that the problem specified in the first post was caused because the vertex color exporting code was inside the correspondent else of an if statement that tested for texture coordinates. I will try to compile it, as soon as I have something useful I will post it in this thread.

Lemmy

It's probably silly to ask, but IIRC the source of the latest nemu release wasn't released aswell, any change to see it, too?
Would be really interesting, because nemu still has the best debugging features.
Just a little dream of mine... :nemu:

Well probably not. Some of the code is LaC's and I am not sure he'd want it released as we are not in contact anymore.

I could maybe release the debugger source but that one is really messy delphi code that was isolated from the last Delphi Nemu and then hacked into the C++ version ;)

What exactly would you like to see in the Debugger?

MasterPhW

Well probably not. Some of the code is LaC's and I am not sure he'd want it released as we are not in contact anymore.

I could maybe release the debugger source but that one is really messy delphi code that was isolated from the last Delphi Nemu and then hacked into the C++ version ;)

What exactly would you like to see in the Debugger?
The Debugger is already incredible, it's still used nowadays in a lot N64 related projects, like finding bugs after patching roms with Cooliscools Utility of Time.
I guessed already, that it isn't possible to release the source, so thanks for the answer.
But it could be probably usefull to release the debugger...
I'm not a Delphi coder, but I would really like to see it and I think there's more interest in this than just me.

zomgz3r0

any possibility that someone can make this work for 1.1 pixel shaders?

I believe that's what my video card has : /

zoinkity

Well, if you're looking to add a few things to the debugger, here's a wish list:
1) TLB window listing current entries and their attributes
2) details of CACHE and the tlb types in command window (for what its worth)
3) allow editting of floating point registers
4) display list debugger

The debugger is the best feature in Nemu. Honestly, there just aren't any tools to replace it.

[edit]
Forgot to mention, when dumping a text disassembly it skips most of the branch types and all the coprocessor types. Of course, you can always just dump the hex and view it in the standalone disassembler, but meh.

Last edited: