Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lemmy's plugin source code

Any chance of getting Lemmy to release the source of his video plugin?
    What I am most interested in is the geometry dump code. The current code works, but Lemmy forgot to export the vertex color for vertices that have texture coordinates. Look at Mario's head from Mario64 as an example.

I tried implementing my own export function using Glide64 (it's one of the best video plugins with source available), and could make it export the geometry with the correct vertex colors just fine. The problem is, the coordinates are passed to the plugin from the game with a strange perspective, exactly like the one you get using icepir8's TR64 OGL plugin export function. I don't know enough about the N64 hardware or even about 3D theory to know how I should transform the coordinates to get the correct perspective, so looking at Lemmy's plugin source would help a lot.

If anyone could contact Lemmy and ask for the source code I would be really grateful. Any ideas of how to correct the perspective of the geometry exported with icepir8's plugin would be helpful too. After correcting the export function I would be happy to release the fixed version.

Administrator & Programmer Danny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    You could try sending him a pm, but I don't think he logs in that much. Email might be the best option
    Proud Administrator Of Emutalk.net

* I develop software for: iOS, Android, Mac, Linux & Windows.
    * Proficient in C#, C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Lua. Also know some: PHP.

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just tried uploading the sourcecode but emutalk seems to have a problem with attachments atm. I'll try again tomorrow...

Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I just tried uploading the sourcecode but emutalk seems to have a problem with attachments atm. I'll try again tomorrow...
    WOW, that's great news! The incredible Lemmy will release the source of his incredible plugin! Hope it will be usefull to some plugin devs aswell!
    Thanks for that Lemmy! Never thought that would happen.
    The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hrm it still says

Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.

Is this an EmuTalk bug or my fault?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's an ET bug. Avatar uploading is also broken. Given the error message i'd guess either a permissions error or bad path

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I guess you could Rapidshare the source, and then someone can host it reliably, until uploading to ET works again.

http://rapidshare.com/

Alternatively, you could register at Ngemu.com and post the source on their forums and link it here. The source to your plugin is very valuable to many people.

Administrator & Programmer Danny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Nice to see you here Lemmy.

While your here I would just like to say thank you for all your work in the N64 emulation scene. Your hard work has brought me hour upon hour of nostalgic enjoyment.
    Proud Administrator Of Emutalk.net

* I develop software for: iOS, Android, Mac, Linux & Windows.
    * Proficient in C#, C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Lua. Also know some: PHP.

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh...always thought Rapidshare required you to register. But this was easy

Here is the download link: RapidShare

Btw, here is a video I of a recent university project I did:

Its really not N64 but still Nintendo

Oh and thanks you for your nice comments! I hope, this source will be useful to some people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess you could Rapidshare the source, and then someone can host it reliably,
    http://vba-m.ngemu.com/mirror/LemD3DSource.zip

Here should be a suitable mirror for the file, in case the Rapidshare link expires...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast