What's new

NO$GBA 2.6 released!!!

FlotsamX

flotsamx, he accepts snail mail for donations too (at least for other emulators)

If he lives in SWEDEN, as someone else said, that is simply out of the question. I live in an area where you have to pay $5 to ship a letter out of the country, and $10 for out of the continent, which means I would end up paying almost $15, for what is basicly NO$GBA 2.5c with a few minor compatability upgrades that really don't apply to me. If it were something major, such as WiFi support, I might've, but as of now, I think I can wait.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
All this over a tiny $2.50 donation? What are you people getting so worked up about? $2.50 is nothing to one individual person... unless you're a bum. If you don't want to donate fine, don't - but stop complaining about it.

Back to the subject at hand: This version rocks. I've seen major improvement in the game's i've tried. It is fast enough now that I can use it... tested pokemon a little while ago, no slowdowns at all... where-as before I got enourmous slowdowns when I got close to picking the first critter. This worked perfectly for me as far as I played it.

The Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass - its a bit schizophrenic regarding speed. It's definately faster all around. In-Game (least after the cutscenes) the music runs at normal speed but link runs around at 30mph. You're not sonic the hedgehog, Link... I'm sure this game will get fixed.

Mario Kart DS - I've never actually tried this one until now but, From what I could tell it is fully playable, it runs full speed in game and on the menus. The only thing I can complain about is the sound, it sounds crackily... however it definately rocks to be able to play this on PC. Screenie attached.

NDS Emulation sure has come a LONG way.

Overall i'm very impressed, well worth that $2.50.

Last edited:

FlotsamX

All this over a tiny $2.50 donation? What are you people getting so worked up about? $2.50 is nothing to one individual person... unless you're a bum. If you don't want to donate fine, don't - but stop complaining about it.

Back to the subject at hand: This version rocks. I've seen major improvement in the game's i've tried. It is fast enough now that I can use it... tested pokemon a little while ago, no slowdowns at all... where-as before I got enourmous slowdowns when I got close to picking the first critter. This worked perfectly for me as far as I played it.

The Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass - its a bit schizophrenic regarding speed. It's definately faster all around. In-Game (least after the cutscenes) the music runs at normal speed but link runs around at 30mph. You're not sonic the hedgehog, Link... I'm sure this game will get fixed.

Mario Kart DS - I've never actually tried this one until now but, From what I could tell it is fully playable, it runs full speed in game and on the menus. The only thing I can complain about is the sound, it sounds crackily... however it definately rocks to be able to play this on PC. Screenie attached.

NDS Emulation sure has come a LONG way.

Overall i'm very impressed, well worth that $2.50.

Mario Kart ran full speed on 2.5c, minus the intros to the tracks.

BTW: I got a guy who was able to buy the new version to show me some pictures on PH... why does Link look... line-framey?

FlotsamX

I heard it's able to run alot of games at full speed now, including PH. Is that true? That MIGHT just be enough to warrent a donation. I never understand those changelogs. >.<

Nanis

I don't mind paying 2.50$
I just don't want to give my credit card or something similar in the internet,that's it

Frogacuda

he might aswell changed the name to Yes$gba, you have to pay for it, bah!
He's always called it that because he has no cash. He's charged for various versions of his emu over the years.

By the way, this new version is SO worth the $2.50. It's at least twice as fast, and twice as accurate. It's the release that has brought DS emulation from "interesting" to actually being a half decent way to play a game.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I just don't want to give my credit card or something similar in the internet,that's it
Its paypal that you'd be giving your money to, not him directly; I didn't know people were still paranoid about money over the internet... you sound like my father 5 years ago... urging me never to ever use my debit card on the internet... something bads gonna happen, whooo!!... guess what, Nothing ever did, and I've used my card a LOT.

I could understand being pensive about it if it said on the homepage, email your CC card info to dave over there and he'll sort it out... but he's got a link to ebay owned paypal... big difference there.

FlotSamX said:
Mario Kart ran full speed on 2.5c, minus the intros to the tracks.

BTW: I got a guy who was able to buy the new version to show me some pictures on PH... why does Link look... line-framey?
Phantom hourglass in game actually runs way too fast, he's like speedy gonsalas in-game. Some cutscenes are unbelievably slow still though, but in-game... he's litterally like sonic the hedgehog, he's so fast I can't even control him properly.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Try the 3D Rendering settings set to "nocash" or "opengl" to compare.

Accord to Dualscreenman:

Martin has acknowledged that there have been some regressions in the new 3D renderer. (texture support, mainly)

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
For me, using both nocash and opengl renderer, PH is too fast. With opengl there's some a lot of frame skipping, and with nocash there's that problem with the 3D already mentioned before, probably the same that RockmanForte quoted there.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The only thing about No$gba that I really despise, theres no way to upscale the thing, so I have to put my screen res to 800x600 so I can see the game i'm testing. It really bugs me... but i'm not holding my breath on that =P

exsonic

I can't donate because:

I have no Job

I have no INTERNATIONAL CREDIT CARD (I live in Brazil)

Otherwise, I would donate without problems.

smcd

Thankfully he doesn't expect everyone to donate. I did and apparently so did several others in this thread. On the site, he said it'd be cool if even 1 in 100 donated... after receiving the link to download, I realized he didn't put much effort into stopping the spread of the thing, heh. (So he isn't trying to make much money on it apparently, relying on people's honesty, especially over t3h intarwebs!)

spotanjo3

You do not understand. The internet have a security. Look at https.. "s" before http meant your credit card is security and lock. I have been used my credit card in the internet with https security for 11 years and no problem at all.