What's new

attempt to open zip file failed ( pj 64 )

sjonny

hello,

I got a problem with opening my roms. It doesn't open it because when i try it says attempt to open zip file failed missing or corrupt zip file - check path and file. you may need to restart the application. I searched the forum for solutions but none of them worked. Does anyone know how to?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
redownload the zip file... it's probably really corrupt.
And refresh your rom browser after!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Does each zip file only contain one ROM image? I think you'll probably have less headaches if you extract the ROMs from the Zip files before trying to run them.

OP
S

sjonny

whell i got some roms from a site where i cant extract them without a password. I cant say this site probably here.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
whell i got some roms from a site where i cant extract them without a password. I cant say this site probably here.
Which is most likely the ROMs don't work. You can't expect Project64 to magically know the password to those archives.

\\WisHmAsteR//

Yea, like Agozer said before. U should unzip the files. The files that then appear are the ROM files u should run in P64. I know some good sites where to get them but I suppose I can't post that here.