What's new

Running Ikaruga

The Big L

Hey, Im trying to run Ikaruga using Demul, and Ive encountered a snag. I got the bios and flash loaded and have the image in daemon tools with Demul's GD-ROM going to the right drive . When i run the game, the dreamcast screen plays through, but then it go to a black screen with lots a japanese characters (I think its a copyright thing for the game?) and just hangs there. Demul didnt crash cause I can still mess with video options and the framerate count is updating.

Under the compatibility list, it says that Ikaruga runs with Demul, with the comment being "themanC identifier". I have no idea what that means, but if anyone has any insight into the problem, that would be awesome.

OP
T

The Big L

Hey, ive done some experimenting, and after launcing Demul with no image file loaded (so i just go to the dreamcast menu screen) Ive found that none of my controls that ive bound work.

Here's what I have: Under bios & plugins, Port A is set to keyboard and the first two drop boxes are on VMS with the other 3 on none. Ports B C and D are all on controller with the same for the drop boxes (didnt change from default). Under my key configuration I have Pad 1 configured with all the buttons I want.

I just tried downloading the padDemul.dll posted on the main site, but it didnt seem to fix it, which makes me think my problem is just that I dont know what the heck all these options mean. Hopefully someone can tell what im screwing up from this lame little summary.

Zone51

the Game Master
im trying it too but it don't emulate correctly
no bullets,right after the the chapiter showingt thingy showed up the ship just stucked up and the animaction goes on i wonder why ?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Then switch emulators. If one does not work, try another. There are alternatives, people.

Zone51

the Game Master
one thing .....
my comptuer don't support sse thingy on chancast
so 2 down ,2 left
also nullDC works on chancast plugins so its 3 down 1 left
:matrix:

Xtreme2damax

one thing .....
my comptuer don't support sse thingy on chancast
so 2 down ,2 left
also nullDC works on chancast plugins so its 3 down 1 left
:matrix:

nullDC uses it's own plugins as well a chankast plugins. The chankast plugins have been slightly modified since chankast.

A lot of issues exist with Demul right now and there are a lot of bugs and compatibility problems that exist. Not to mention poor performance in Demul combined with horrible sound.

Maybe Demul might be fixed when another version is released.

Seriously though I would not use Demul right now, especially Chankast. Just use nullDC instead. It solves nearly all the bugs and missing features which are present in Chankast and Demul.

Many more games are fully compatible in nullDC compared to chankast.

A list of added features and bugs solved in nullDC that still exist in Demul or Chankast:

The nvidia bug with Sonic Adventure 2 and some other games is now solved making it possible to play Sonic Adventure 2 on nvidia cards.

You can now see King Boom boo's shadow in SA2 in the new nullDC version, in Chankast and Demul you can't.

The Resident Evil Code Veronica bugs are mostly fixed meaning no more graphics problems or corruption in the Luger room or when you step off the sub since all the bugs and missing features were fixed and added. Tiger statue problem still exists but will be fixed in the next version.

Modifier Volumes have been implemented.

Shadows are displayed properly now.

Fixes graphical corruption in SA2 (Nvidia cards) Resident Evil Code Veronica and many other games.

Also nullDC has better performance than Chankast or Demul, many games run fullspeed.

I believe nullDC doesn't require Pixel Shading now (If not now, then the next release) which means those with intel chips or Geforce MX's should be able to play although you won't get the effects those with Pixel Shading capable cards will, but the game itself should be playable.

Also nullDC now works with wine in Linux.

Btw, I'm not putting down Chankast or Demul I'm just reccomending nullDC as it's likely it will solve the problems you are having. ;)